Things Change

It was the middle of the night. The shattered moon could be seen in the sky. But down beneath the streets of Vale lives a secret that no one knows about.

In a small part of the sewers, a mutant rat sat in a dark room. With the only source of light being a lit candle sitting on his walking stick.

Splinter: "Remember, to be a true ninja, you must become one with the shadows". "Darkness gives the ninja power, while light reveals the ninja's presence". "Now, can you extinguish this flame without revealing yourselves"?

Splinter flips the candle into the air before quickly catching it in his hand. Suddenly, a figure with a purple mask and a bo staff dove to grab the candle. But he missed due to Splinter simply moving the candle down and causing him to crash into the wall.

Splinter: "Too noisy, Donatello"

A second figure with an orange mask came whilst twirling his nunchuck. He got close to Splinter and attempted to grab the candle. But ended up meeting the same fate as Donnie as he crashed into him.

Mikey: "Ow"

Splinter: "Too clumsy Michelangelo"

A figure with a red mask snuck up behind Splinter with a pair of sais. He dove for the candle, but Splinter ducked under him. The figure recovered and faced Splinter. Splinter backed up a few steps as the figure twirled his sais and charged at Splinter. As the figure got close, Splinter calmly sat down and held out his walking stick. Which caused the figure to trip over it and crash into both Donnie and Mikey.

Splinter: "Poor choice Raphael"

However, hanging up on the pipes was a figure with a blue mask. He opened his eyes and glared down at his target. He quickly dropped down only to swiftly slice the candle with his swords. He landed on one knee and caught the piece of the candle that he'd cut off on the blade of his weapon. The light reveals him to be a mutant turtle. He stood up as he brought the candle close to him and blew it out.

Shortly after, Splinter flipped a switch and turned on the lights.

Splinter: "Well done Leonardo"

Raph: "Teacher's pet"

Leo: "Ninja dropout"

Leo tosses the piece of the candle to Raph.

Donnie/Mikey: "Oooooo"

Raph crushes the candle in anger and storms up to Leo as they both growled at each other.

Splinter: "My sons"! *sighs* "My sons, if you are to become a true ninja, you must work harder".

The four turtles quickly sat down on their knees as their sensei continued talking.

Splinter: "Your path in life..will not be an easy one".

While Splinter was talking, Mikey suddenly got distracted by a fly flying around him.

Splinter: "The outside world will not be a friendly place for you". "You four are different in ways the humans and faunus would never understand". "To survive, you must master these skills I teach you".

The fly flew around Mikey again and he in turn tried to catch it with his hand.

Splinter: "Ninjutsu powers of stealth and secrecy". "You must become kage, shadow warriors".

Mikey tries to catch the fly again, but it escapes him.

Splinter: *points with walking stick* "And you must never be discovered by the outside world".

Mikey claps his hands and manages to catch the fly. But he soon looked up to find Splinter standing in front of him giving him a look.

But suddenly, the entire lair started to shake and crumble.