Chapter 30: Overwhelming desire

John

"Are you fucking kidding me? It was perfectly planned and they're both still living?".

Swiping off all the objects and papers off my desk, I collapsed into my chair and sighed heavily.

The plan was flawless. It should have worked.

We had our inside man who would let the rouge in, but his mind link had gone dead and news of them accepting the people from the pack we attacked got back to me.

Isaac had told me that Warrick had pushed my daughter out of the way and took the knife in her place.

He nearly died, but was somehow saved.

But what shocked me most was Eliza's sudden transform.

It was unheard of for a first time shift to happen the way it did with her. But what could one expect when she's the prophecy Luna after all.

And now I had no doubt that my one inside man had been found out. After all, he craved power and would soon enough crack not having the power I had given him for many years.

"We know their location. Why not attack now?".

"Because that would be a dumb move. We need to increase our strength. I want you to start recruiting rouges so we can strengthen our army. We'll let them live for now, make them forget everything for a while and then when they least expect it, we'll attack".

All the men nodded in the room and started talking amongst themselves.

"Anyway gentlemen, I have a little gift for you as a way to show my appreciation to you. Bring them in".

I looked to the door and smirked as Frank brought in 4 young girls who were chained up with tear stricken cheeks. They were a few of the girls who we had captured when we attacked their pack.

"Gentlemen, these girls are for you to enjoy and play with. When you're done, they'll be passed round to our rouge guests".

The girls began to sob as men started walking towards them with wicked smirks on their faces.

Suddenly, the lights in the house went off and all power cut out.

"You two, go and see what is going on".

2 guards swiftly left the room and rushed to find out what the hell was going on.

We all remained silent with our guns on hand in case someone should attack.

Before anyone could say another word, objects smashed through both windows and smoke began to pour into the room. 

I tried to run to the girls and hold them captive, but the smoke filled up the room quickly and they were completely out of sight.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" I screamed as smoke began to fill my lungs.

I felt myself grow heavy as I desperately tried not to inhale the smoke, but it was too late. It smelt funny and was making me very dizzy.

I could hear people coughing, bodies collapsing on the floor and people shuffling around.

Bright torches flashed through the room, but I wasn't sure where they were coming from.

Collapsing to the floor, I realised what this was and who was behind this.

A slim athletic body dressed in black walked towards me and crouched down in front of me.

My eyes were growing heavy as she stared down at me with her gas mask on.

I reached my hand out to grab her mask and take it off, but she smacked my hand away and stuck her middle finger up at me before running away and swiftly lifting up and carrying one of the girls away on her shoulder.