Chapter 2: Girl's Night

Eliza

"Hey princess, you're looking quite pale, are you alright?".

I stared emotionlessly out the window thinking back to the wild events that had taken place not even half an hour ago. It all happened so quickly, it all changed so fast. There was something surreal about what had happened and I couldn't get it out of my mind.

"Eliza?" Kyle nudged me harshly pulling me out of the deep trance I had thrown myself into.

"Oh um, yep, I want an Oreo McFlurry".

I turned to my loving boyfriend expecting a smile on his face, but instead I was met with a confused expression.

"Babe, I never said that I was taking you to McDonald's. I was only asking if you were ok. You look ill".

A sad expression came onto my face as we passed a huge McDonald's on the side of the road.

"I'm fine, just tired, that's all" I lied knowing full well he didn't believe me, but he wouldn't question me on it.

"Ok. I'll take you home and then I'm going to stop by your dad's office".

"Why? I thought we had plans for dinner tonight".

Kyle was staring straight ahead of him as he carried on driving along the busy road with a frown on his face.

"Sorry babe, but I've got emergency plans and I need to speak with your father about some business deals".

Don't get me wrong I was annoyed, but my father and Kyle worked hard on their other businesses. It was something I knew and accepted from the start.

"Ok. But don't forget to text me".

"I won't princess. I promise".

Kyle leaned over and kissed me gently on the cheek without taking his hands off the steering wheel.

"Well in that case I think I'll be going out with Brooke tonight then".

My body suddenly jerked forward as Kyle braked hard at a red light.

"Brooke? As in Brooke Winshire?".

I could feel his eyes burning into my skull. His anger radiating off his body like a heater.

"Yes. It's been a while since I've seen her, and I've missed her".

"Fuck's sake Eliza, what have I said about seeing her. She's a bad influence and-"

"No! Enough. Brooke is my friend and I haven't seen her in months. You don't get to control who I get to see. I don't care if you aren't happy with me seeing her, but nothing you say can stop me".

Kyle's face whipped over to mine shocked by my outburst, but it wasn't fair for him to control me in this way. He was protective, but I hated this possessive side of him.

He grunted and turned away from me as cars behind us began to beep in frustration as the traffic light had now turned green.

"Your father won't be happy to hear who you're meeting tonight".

"I couldn't care less".

Kyle shook his head in disbelief and sped dangerously along the road.

Pulling out my phone from my pocket, I quickly clicked on Brooke's name and replied back to the message that I had forgot to reply back to this morning.

I smiled at Brooke's immediate reply and the plans quickly came into place.

It was done. The plans were confirmed. Brooke and I were having a girls night out and no one would ruin it.