Chapter 18: Community

Eliza

"I can't thank you enough for what you did for him. You rescued him and brought him home without even fully understanding why. But I promise you that everything will be explained soon. Alpha is ready to leave the hospital and wants me to show you around the pack along with him. He's waiting for you outside".

I didn't know what to think. We had been here for 4 days now and there were still many questions that remained unanswered.

Nodding my head at the doctor who had been overseeing the care of both of us since we had first arrived here, I followed closely behind him with my eyes fixated on the floor. I could feel everyone's eyes on me staring at my every move. I knew their stares were not malicious, but all the emotions I had kept locked away started to come undone like a slow moving stream.

I could hear their whispers probably wondering what was wrong with me. But I felt like I was dying inside. All the fears, all the doubts, all the confusion on whether anything in my life was true at this point.

The doctor turned around upon noticing the other people's concerned stares and let out a very quiet gasp.

"Luna, are you alright? Do you wish to stay inside?".

I shook my head instantly at his questions.

"P-please just take me to Rezso".

I just wanted to cuddle with this so called leader of this community. I couldn't even understand my wolf Rezso, but he brought me nothing but comfort.

"As you wish my Luna".

Wiping away my tears, I continued to follow the doctor through the hallway before reaching the main entrance. The doors opened and my eyes squinted shut as bright sunlight tore through my eyes that had been used to dimmed indoor lights.

As my eyes quickly adjusted to the sunlight, my heart started to race as my eyes fell upon a large black wolf surrounded by little children who were giggling up at him. They barely reached his knees.

They were stroking his fur and staring up at him in awe. Rezso stared down at them with his tongue poked out and moved around them like he was trying to excite them.

"Alpha" Doctor Daniels called out and immediately Rezso stopped making the children laugh and looked up at the both of us.

His ears immediately pricked up and whined as he noticed my sore watering eyes. Rezso rushed over to me and swiftly wrapped his body around me and nuzzled his nose against my cheek whimpering softly to the tears that began to trickle down my cheeks.

Clutching onto his fur, I buried my head deep into his side and listened to his heartbeat to help calm my nervous thoughts down.

I couldn't help but smile as Rezso began to purr and stroke my body with his large tail.

"Is she the Luna?".

"She's sooooo pretty".

Pulling my head out of Rezso's fur, I looked back at the children nervously unsure on what to say to them.

I leaned into Rezso more as one of the little girls with long golden hair rushed over towards me with excitement gleaming in her eyes.

"Can you plait my hair Luna?" she pleaded with her eyes as she tugged lightly on my top.

I looked to Rezso and back at the doctor with an uneasy expression. I still wasn't sure what a Luna was and why everyone was calling me by that name.

"Olivia, I'm sure Luna would be happy to visit you all later at the orphanage. But right now, I'm going to give Luna and tour with Alpha and when we finish she will come by and I'm sure she'd be more than happy to read you a story".

Once the doctor had finished, he looked up at me with a hopeful expression and I nodded with a smile looking at the little girl.

She clapped her hands and hugged my thighs tightly.

"Thank you, thank you Luna" she mumbled against my legs.

Glancing down, I gently rested my hand on her head and smiled at the little girl's adorableness.

Her eyes widened and squealed pointing to her head at her friends.

"She touched my head" she screamed as if I was some sort of queen with magic powers.

"That's enough now. Run along, she'll spend time with you soon".

"Okay Doc. Goodbye my Alpha and Luna".

"Goodbye Olivia" I muttered with a small smile on my face.

The girl whizzed around and clamped her hands on her mouth before turning back to her friends.

"LUNA KNOWS MY NAME" she squealed and hugged her friends before running off to the nearby playground.

"She's sweet" I mumbled before turning my attention to Rezso who was looking up at me with admiration. He closed his eyes as I stroked the soft fur behind his ear.

"I'm sorry at their full on outburst, they were very excited to see you. Everyone is excited to meet you. There's so much you don't know but you are incredibly special to all these people. I'm going to take you to the rose garden and explain some things to you there. Hopefully there I will be able to answer all of your questions".

"That's great"-

"AHHH" I cried out clutching my head as it began to pound.

I fell heavily to the floor as a searing pain tore through my head. It felt as if it was splitting me in two and my vision was starting to blur.

"Luna?" the doctor asked with concern.

Clutching my head, I writhed around on the floor with a fire feeling burning through my mind. I could hear growls all around me, but Rezso wasn't growling. It sounded like it was coming from within me, but that made no sense. I didn't have a wolf. I was sure of it.

My vision became sharper as a small voice cried out telling me to let her out. Let her out and see him, but I don't know who she was talking to or even who she was.

Rezso whimpered at me and nudged at my body trying to help in anyway he could. He somehow lifted me up off the ground and I rested on his back.

"Take her back inside, we need to"-

"No. I, I think I'm alright. I need air and I think we need to talk. There's so much I don't understand and I have to know now. I hate being indoors and I want to see more of your home".

The doctor looked at me with concern and glanced at Rezso with his eyebrow raised.

"No Luna, I really don't think that"-

Rezso started to growl at the doctor for going against my opinions and silenced him instantly.

"Stop it kitten. He means well" I whispered into Rezso's ear and like a little obedient puppy he stopped.

Rezso turned his head to me and licked at my cheek seeing my happy face, but I could tell he was just as concerned as the doctor was.

"Fine. But could you tell me what just happened. You've been through a lot and I need to know if you're experiencing any other symptoms".

The doctor gestured away from the hospital and towards the beautiful green of the community.

Rezso started to follow the doctor along the clean pavement and occasionally looked back at me lying on his back.

"I don't really know. It was just a sudden searing pain but there was this voice".

Both the doctor and Rezso stopped walking and looked at one another.

"What did this voice say?" the doctor questioned with wide eyes.

"It was a female voice telling me to let her out and to let her see him".

The doctor covered his mouth and stared at Rezso with the widest eyes.

Rezso lifted his head up to the sky and let out a loud but soothing howl.

"She's awake" the doctor mumbled.