Chapter 20: Reunited

Eliza

"How is she?".

"She's stable, for now. I don't know what she went through back there, but whatever it was it almost killed her. She's safe and will be under 24 hour watch. There's a reason Brooke is your protector. She's the best fighter, even out of the men. But as for your mother she has awoken and is requesting your presence. I'll take you to her".

I stared at Brooke one last time and sighed heavily. She was back into human form and she looked near death. Her body was almost fully bandaged, but that didn't stop the cuts and grazes from bleeding through the thick white materials. 

My heart ached painfully in my chest at the thought of what she had to go through, of what my father put her through. She was the true hero in this whole situation. If it wasn't for her staying behind to fend off my father and his men, we wouldn't have made it here. And I'd remain a prisoner at him locked away in lies.

I wish for her to wake up so badly. I want to tell her how thankful I am, but I don't think there's enough words to ever explain how thankful I am. Not only did she save both me and my Alpha, but she also brought me my mother whom I had believed to be dead. 

Following after the doctor, I closed the door where Brooke lay and walked into the opposite room and instantly smiled seeing a group of young children surrounding my mother with little bouquets of flowers. Leaning against the doorway, I couldn't help but admire the way she looked at every single child, the way a mother would. The way my mum looked at me.

"Look! It's the Luna" a little boy yelled and all heads of the children followed the boy's outstretched arm.

"Luna! Luna!" they all cried and rushed towards me.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I crouched down to their height and smiled at their incessant questions and touching of my body and my face. Some asked me questions whilst others placed flowers in my hair. My heart clenched painfully to think that these children had lost everything. Their parents, their homes, everything because of my father, yet they were the happiest I had ever seen children be. They smiled as if they had everything they ever needed. They giggled with joy and hope.

Looking up at my mum through the large group of children, her eyes met mine and her smile widened to be the biggest I had ever seen her smile.

"Children, Luna needs to have chat with her mother. Come with me. Amira has baked you all some smarties cookies and is waiting for you in the downstairs hall. You'll be able to spend time with both Luna and Scarlet soon, ok?".

"COOKIES" the all screamed and started high fiving one another.

"Did you hear that Luna? We're having cookies!".

"Amira always makes the best cookies".

"I'll save you one Luna".

"Thank you sweetheart, that's very kind of you".

The little girl blushed before running off to the follow the children that had already left to find the cookies.

"I've been waiting for this day to come for many years. I knew you'd find each other eventually". 

My eyes widened as my mother started pushing herself out of the bed. She'd just come through hell and was trying to get up already. She had always been like this. She hated wasting the day and despised being inside.

"Mum, stop you'll hurt yourself if you try to get up so quickly" I yelled out whilst rushing over to her.

"Oh stop it Eliza Jane Carter, I just want to hug my baby girl, is that too much to ask?".