Chapter 24: I'm so sorry

Warrick

My heart ached painfully within my chest as I listened to my mate cry.

I held her in my arms for many hours whilst she stayed in hospital. Brooke left a lot of damage on my mate's body.

Her throat was bruised and was finding it painful to talk and as for her face, there was some swelling from where she had thrown her fists.

Brooke was strong, stronger than I had anticipated. And it was affecting Eliza a lot. She expected her best friend to be happy, but instead she tried to kill her.

I felt helpless as she cried in my arms.

My own eyes were starting to sting as her little body shook with sobs and hiccups.

My sweet mate didn't deserve all this pain. She didn't deserve to suffer all the cruelty that the world had thrown at her.

She was the light in my dark life.

"It's okay baby. I'm right here" I whispered into her ear.

Eliza held onto me tighter and nuzzled her face into my chest.

Rezso whimpered in my head as he too saw the state of our broken little mate.

Eliza tried to talk, but I shushed her. Talking would only hurt her more and she needed to relax her throat.

"Alpha? Luna?".

Doctor Daniels walked in and bowed slightly before smiling sadly at the both of us.

"Her wolf has been subsided and she wishes to talk".

Eliza rubbed at her tearful eyes making them red and sore.

Grabbing her hands, I replaced them with my thumb and gently stroked the tears away.

"Thank you, we'll go and visit her".

The doctor shook his head and focused his eyes on Eliza.

"She has asked for Luna to come alone".

A low growl escaped my throat at the thought of my mate going down to the prisons alone. Not after the events with Brooke.

"Absolutely not. I'm not putting her in that compromised position. It's not safe for her and she needs rest with her injuries".

My grip around Eliza tightened wanting to protect her at all costs.

"Alpha, with all respect I believe Brooke and Luna need to have a private chat. There are things that need to be discussed. I can assure you she'll be safe. Brooke is in one of the cells and she is very much herself. Her wolf is caged away in the back of her mind".

Another growl sounded, but I stopped as I felt a delicate hand reach up and touch my cheek.

Staring down at my little mate, I noticed she was staring up at me with watery eyes.

"I'll be okay" she croaked out.

"Eliza" I said, ready to protest.

"Please, I need to speak with her".

Eliza looked up at me pleadingly with her eyes.

How am I supposed to resist those puppy eyes of hers.

"Fine, but I'll be right outside okay".

Eliza nodded and stared back at the doctor.

"I shall go and speak with her".

*************

Eliza

"If you need me, call me and I'll be there" Warrick whispered into my ear.