Chapter 17: Blood lust

"There's nothing more dangerous than a woman who is focused and unimpressed".

Mature content ahead

Brooke

"Tell me where the pack is. I know you know the answer" he growled as he asked the same question again and again.

I had lost count of the different ways I had been tortured, but I would never give the location. I'd rather die than tell him.

I could hear a small voice in my head calling my name, but I was strapped up to machines and many different torture devices that could discover the mind link messages which would reveal their location. I had to switch it off.

"You can torture me all you want John, I ain't telling you shit".

I couldn't help but smirk as John's face began to turn red in fury. He absolutely despised it when anyone addressed him by his first name. But I'd never call him by a title he doesn't deserve.

It had been 3 hours since he told me of the ambush of my Alpha and Luna. I knew deep down they didn't stand a chance against my Alpha and from the lack of news back, I knew his little minions were dead. And he was getting angrier by the minute.

"You underestimated the Alpha's strength and your daughter's. After all she is his Luna-".

"SHE IS NOT HIS LUNA!" he snarled and gripped my neck tightly.

"Oh but she is. In fact, I know that they've made it to the pack. And boy you're going to be sorry once Alpha finds out what you've done to his Luna".

John walked away and signalled to one of the other men and I watched anxiously as the other man left the room before disappearing.

"I can't wait for the day when she finds out what you've done and what you do and then rips your head clean off for hurting her Alpha".

John chuckled menacingly and shook his head before crouching down before me. I turned my head to the side as he stroked away a loose strand of hair.

"Firstly, that'll never happen. Secondly and most importantly, you darling Brooke will not live long enough to see her try. You're going to die alone, unwanted and unloved in a dark cold cellar in sheer agony. You will never see the sunlight or see Eliza again. In fact, I'll cut off your head and when I find their location, which I will, I'll send it to them as a little gift".

"How does it feel knowing you're going to die alone, unloved and unwanted by everyone".

I could hear Kyle's voice in my head taunting me with the same words he had said to me before I killed him. A part of me wanted to believe that what they were both saying was true, but they were wrong. I may be without a mate, but I am loved and am wanted, especially by my Luna. And I will return to her, even if I have to kill hundreds to do so.

"I may die, but I will not be dying in this cell. I will be returning back to my home with Eliza's mother and I will serve by her side until the end. You however, will die a painful death alongside all your men".

John began to laugh as men walked in holding Scarlet tightly before throwing her to the floor.

"You bastards!" I screamed as Scarlet wiped the blood off her head as she had connected with the stone floor.

"I want answers and I'm done playing games. So today is the day I get answers".

My heart began to race as John pulled out a small blade from his pocket and held it tauntingly in front of my face.

"This is a special blade. It is coated in silver which we all know is very painful for wolves. I have to give it to you Brooke, you're one tough cookie. But let's see how strong you are when the silver blade is inserted into you and burns you from the inside out. Let's see if you succumb to the pain and give up what I want to know".