Chapter 3: Drunken Truth

Kyle

"Are you sure?" John growled staring down at his computer screen.

"I'm telling you as soon as I came along the wolf went wild, you don't think?"-

"I'm going to have to pay a visit to the zoo to see for myself. We cannot let her ever find out about this lifestyle, especially if this situation is what it is". John started to pack up his research before slipping his coat on and ushering me towards the door.

"Where is she now? I said to have eyes and ears on her at all times. It's too risky especially since this event occurred".

John rushed to his car and opened up the door getting inside with haste. I rushed after him and slipped into the passenger seat and put my seat belt on with ease.

"She's at a club with her".

"Please tell me she's not with Brooke". I could hear the rage in his voice as he pulled the car out of the parking lot.

"John I tried. But she was furious that I cancelled our dinner and said she was going to go out. There was no getting through to her".

John's foot was pressed hard on the accelerator as he sped down the road at dangerous speeds.

"Which club? If Eliza tells Brooke about the incident in the zoo then things could get ugly. She's always been a nosey bitch, a bad influence who needs to be rid of". John's hands were clutched tightly to the steering wheel, his eyes unmoving from the road.

"I'd be more than happy to do the job boss".

"No. Right now we shall wait and see. I'll have close eyes on her trailing her every move. She may come in handy in other ways". John was a cunning man who always put his family first. He would rid of anyone who would try and jeopardise his family and businesses.

"Tell me which club she's at now".

Pulling out my phone, I opened up my tracker app and soon enough a map came up with a little red flashing light beeping over a nightclub called "Queen's Light".

"Fuck boss, she's in Queen's Light Club".

I suddenly jerked forward as John braked at a red light.

"Of course Brooke would take her there, bloody idiot" he growled before speeding away once the light turned green again.

"I'm going to drop you off at the club and I'm going to pay a little visit to the zoo".

"At this time of night? The zoo will be shut".

"No shit Sherlock, I'm just going to have a little chat with one of the staff members".

——————————————

Eliza

"So how do you know Brooke?" I yelled in Ryan's ear. The music was far too loud for people to have a genuine conversation but somehow he had heard me.

"Brooke and us go way back. We have known each other since we were kids. Our parents lived in the same for- street and we just grew up together. She's a great girl".

"She certainly is. She's been there for me when things have been rough". Ryan gave me a sympathetic smile and patted me on my hand.

"One day you'll find your peace and find the true you". I didn't know how much I had had to drink, but this conversation was getting a little deep.

"Anyway, we are here to have a good time, so next round is on me". Ryan patted me on my shoulder before signalling his friend to go with him.

"Hey babe, I'm just going to help the lads with the drinks. Will you be okay for a couple of minutes?" Brooke yelled into my ear.

"Of course. I've got my vodka, I'll be fine".

Brooke kissed me on my head before running away with the two boys. A breathy laugh escaped my mouth seeing her grab the hand of the boy she was talking to. Typical Brooke.

As I sat sipping on my drink I felt a very overwhelming of being stared at. But it didn't feel like just one pair of eyes, it was strange as I couldn't see anyone looking my way but someone was definitely looking at me. Perhaps I've had too much alcohol, maybe the dark thoughts of Kyle's possessiveness have swarmed my alcohol fuelled brain.

"Don't cry".

I jumped in my seat and looked to my left to see a tall man walk towards me with concern plastered on his face. I wiped at my cheeks to check if I was in fact crying and to my horror I looked down at my hand to see wetness.

"I don't even know why I'm crying, but I'm okay now".

"You're lying" the stranger mumbled as he sat down next to me.

"What the hell, you don't know me" I spat back defensively.

"I know that you're hurting. Why else would you be crying in a club. You feel like everything is wrong when everything is supposedly right. Surrounded by love but all you feel is emptiness. You feel trapped with your life being so perfect. You're so lost yet you're right next to the truth. You've been blinded to the real you".

Stumbling off my chair, I fell back onto the floor shocked by the abruptness of this stranger.

"Daniel, what the hell are you doing?" Brooke ran over and picked me up.

"Brooke, why haven't you told her the truth? She's suffering at the hands of her"-

"Enough. I think it's time I take Eliza home. You're blind drunk Daniel and you're scaring her". I could see Ryan whisper something into the scary man's ear. The man seemed to calm down and bow his head down.

"I-I need to go".

Before anyone could reply, I sprinted out of the VIP area and nearly stumbled down the large staircase. I could hear Brooke shout after me and follow my trails, but I had already joined the sea of people dancing tragically.

Looking up I could see Brooke whisper to the other men and point in different directions before running off.

Squeezing my way through the crowd I ran towards the door only to crash into the arms of a familiar smelling man.

"Kyle?" I stared up at him in shock.

"BabyGirl, I'm so glad I found you. I realised how much of an asshole I was to push you aside. I've made us a special dinner, let's get out of this foul place and go home".

Grabbing his hand I let him guide me out of the club but stopped when I felt someone tug my other hand.

"She's not going anywhere with you" Brooke growled holding onto me tighter.

"She's my girlfriend and I said she's coming home with me". I whimpered in pain as Kyle pulled me harshly into his side.

Suddenly a few people turned around with angry faces.

"You better loosen your grip on her pal" one man perked up and stepped beside Brooke.

"Guys, I'm fine. I'm going home with Kyle. I think I've had enough to drink. Brooke, thanks for an amazing night".

Before anyone could protest or stop me I let Kyle drag me out of the club and help me into his car.

What a strange night.