Chapter 29: Make me yours

Warrick

3 days later

My beautiful mate had been working so hard in my absence. It killed me to hear her crying whilst I was in a coma. My wolf cried with her begging me to wake up so we could hold mate, love mate and kill the person who made her cry.

I was so proud of the woman she had become. She didn't know it, but she was a natural leader. It pleased me to know that my pack listened and followed her.

They trusted her decisions to let those strangers in. And so did I. Eliza was a revolutionary and she had a fire burning inside her. A desire for peace. 

We had spent the first night sleeping together in the hospital room. The doctors had advised me to stay so they could check up on me. I agreed so long as Eliza stayed by my side throughout the night. She slept peacefully wrapped up in my arms.

She was completely exhausted and slept through the whole night and most of the day.

I knew she had not been sleeping enough since the night I was stabbed. But I was back now, and I made a promise to Eliza and her wolf that I was not going anywhere.

Days had passed and I had been informed of everything, even hearing from my guards about Isaac's lack of respect towards my queen. I was furious at his betrayal. I knew something was up, but it never crossed my mind that he could betray me in such a way.

I needed to speak with Isaac to find out more. But right now my priority was Eliza. It always would be Eliza.

After I was released from hospital, she took me to one of the homes and swiftly introduced me to the men, women and children that my mate rescued.

I understood Isaac's initial concern, but anyone with eyes could see how much they had suffered. Eliza knew these people were innocent and welcomed them into our pack with open arms.

Staring at the picture I had taken of Eliza in her sleep without her knowledge, I sighed deeply as I waited for the food to cook and for my sweetheart to wake up.

"What in the world?".

My lips quirked up into a smirk as my baby's shrill voice echoed around our home.

Running through the house and up the stairs, I stood in the doorway of her bedroom and smiled.

"Kitten, you're such a romantic. Did you do all this whilst I slept?" she muttered whilst staring round at the hundreds of flowers.

 Did you do all this whilst I slept?" she muttered whilst staring round at the hundreds of flowers

"Somehow. I'm honestly surprised you didn't wake up. D-Do you like them?" I asked nervously.

I knew that not every girl liked flowers, but from the way she loved reading in the rose garden, a part of me hoped she'd like this.

"Kitten, no-one has ever done something like this for me" she sniffled as small delicate tears welled up in her eyes.

"No no no, baby don't cry. You don't deserve to cry".