Chapter 6: A peaceful Library

Eliza

"Hello Dearie, how can I help you".

"Hi, I'm looking for a book on wolves".

"Wolves?".

"Yes, you know like maybe history or a fact book. Just something informative on Wolves".

The sweet elderly woman smiled kindly at me and turned her attention to the computer typing in some words in what I assumed to be her database.

"We have some books available for you to read or borrow on the 6th level in the nature section. Label number 220596".

"I'll definitely remember that, it's my birth date".

The sweet woman chuckled brightly and pointed to the direction of the lift.

"Feel free to come and find me if you can't find what you're looking for".

"Will do, thank you".

Picking up my rucksack, I pressed the button of the lift and waited patiently for it to come down.

Stepping into the small lift, I pressed the number 6 button and lent against the wall eager to do some research about the beautiful creature I had seen in the zoo.

Finally, the doors opened to reveal the beauty of the 6th floor. It was grand almost looking like an old delicate palace. It smelt fresh and had such a warm and inviting feeling.

Walking through the endless shelves stacked high with books, I took my time to take in the beautiful golden spines of the books. They were treated with care and delicacy as if the information they held contained such things of a great value.

As I made my way around the whole floor it eased my mind to know that the whole floor was nearly entirely empty.

Just the way I like it.

Following the signs of the book labels I finally came before the nature aisle full of detailed fact books about animals.

Mumbling incoherently to myself, I eyed each book carefully hoping that my eyes would catch sight of the animal book I was looking and not have my eyes fly over it instead.

"Found you" I mumbled as my eyes fell across a row of books all about wolves.

"Wolves 101, Top 30 Wolf facts, Dangerous Beasts: Wolves, The History Of Wolves, perfect".

Grabbing the history book about wolves, I pulled it out from its place but cringed when the book fully landed into my hands.

Heck, it was heavy. How much history can one species have.

The book was heavy and old looking but it was so stunning to look at. Anyone could tell how liked this book was. It had small rips and some of the pages had browned a bit at the bottom, but it was captivating all the same.

Carrying the book away from the shelves I walked over to the furthest corner and placed the book down on the mahogany table and switched on the little lamp before throwing off my hat, scarf and coat and began to indulge in a history lesson.

"That's strange".

As I opened the first page, my eyes fell onto the publishing date. It was only published 2 months ago, but it looked like it had been published 80 years ago.

************

"Ladies and gentlemen, the library will be closing in 30 minutes".

"What!".

Glancing down at my watch, I stared down in horror seeing that it was 6:30pm. Crap, crap, crap. I had missed my appointment and my dad would be pissed.