Chapter 1: Zoo

Eliza

"Hey my little petal, where are you off to today?".

"ImgoimbftothezoowifKyle".

"Eliza Jane Carter. What have I said about talking with your mouth full".

I swallowed down the large piece of Nutella coated pancake and rolled my eyes up at my dad who was shaking his head at my non existent table manners.

"Not to do it, but I do it anyway". I smirked back at my dad knowing full well he had that coming. He of all people should know that my sarcasm is at its highest in the mornings.

He raised a brow at me before staring down at his gold and very expensive watch.

"I said, I'm going to the zoo with Kyle".

"Aw. So sweet. How long has it been now?".

"3 years dad".

"Your mother would be so proud that you've found yourself someone so perfect".

I hummed in response before staring down at my phone that was vibrating loudly on the table.

"Who's that?".

My dad's voice turned cold and menacing as he glared at the flashing phone screen. He had always been a worry wart, but he seemingly got worse after mum's death. I understood him. Losing mum heightened the fear of losing me. But he did sometimes become too much with his protectiveness.

"No-one old man. Shouldn't you be going to work. Go get some research done dad".

His frown vanished as he walked over to me and planted a very delicate kiss on the top of my head. He lingered behind me momentarily, but I didn't mind as I was too busy reading the text that Brooke had sent me.

"Good morning wonderful people".

"Kyle, it's good to see you". Switching my phone off, I slipped it into my pocket and eagerly turned to face my boyfriend.

A small smile crept onto my lips as my dad embraced Kyle in a manly hug. Dad loved Kyle. He was there for me when mum died and he's been here ever since.

"Hey my princess. You look beautiful today". Kyle rushed towards me and pulled me up from my chair and into a bone crushing hug and planted his lips on my forehead so gently. But at his unexpected grab, I dropped my forkful of the beautiful pancake on the floor.

"Hey! My food!" I growled out as I punched my fist into his hard abdomen before turning to face my dad who was smiling widely at the both of us.

Kyle let out a loud laugh whilst he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pressed a kiss on my cheek before nuzzling his nose on my cheek.

"I wish I could stay to catch up with you Kyle, but duty calls. But maybe if you come by my office tomorrow evening, then we can have a proper chat" dad smiled up at him as he threw his designer jacket on. 

Dad was a hard worker, but he flaunted his wealth too much. We lived in the most extravagant house with 6 cars and too many maids. I was grateful for everything I had, but truthfully I didn't like this lifestyle. My dad and boyfriend constantly spoiled me with gifts more expensive than I thought possible. But every time I tried to protest to tell them I'd be happy with something simple like a bouquet of flowers, they'd laugh and tell me I was adorable.

"Of course Sir" Kyle smiled back at him. His grip loosening around my neck and sliding to wrap around my waist.

"Remember to use protection" my dad called out as he left the room.