PART TWO

ALEX'S POV.

My eyes were wide open all through the night. 'Finally, the day has come!' I said to myself; I'd be seeing my family today, at least, some of my extended family. I wasn't so anxious but I wanted to know how it'd turn out.

I gave Mr. Paul the house address and he should be here soon, along with my family anyways. I couldn't have been more grateful to Rose for allowing me to stay here with her, she is the best thing that ever happened to me; aside from the money though. We would be departed now and it's giving me concern, I hope she'd be okay where she is going and if she's not, she should come to stay with me.

7:30 am

I walked out of the room and went to the living room, I could hear footsteps from the kitchen, I knew that was Rose's.

"You woke up early." She smiled as she made her way into the living room with a cup of water.

"I couldn't sleep." I smiled.

"Oh, sorry about that." She told me.

"Have you called your uncle?" I asked. I guess I was too forward.

"Yeah, he should be able to make it today, why are you so eager to leave by the way? Am I giving you problems?" I was surprised at the question she asked.

"Of course not, I just think it's best if we meet our families you know! Get to know more people. You would even have an older guardian to take care of your responsibilities." I explained.

"And you can't? I thought Mr. Paul said you now have enough money to last for a lifetime" She said sarcastically and I was confused where all that was coming from.

"Of course I can, I mean I can take care of the responsibilities but it'd look weird if you need an older person in your..." I paused and continued "All I'm trying to say is that you'd need an older guardian like your uncle." I said.

"Well, never mind; I'll be fine." She smiled and I knew she feigned it.

"I'll send you money every month and by next year we'll be done with secondary school, I'll make sure you apply for New Bridge university. I'll pay for your fees and then we would be together in the UK! amazing right? It's just a year Rose." I told her.

"OK!" She looked away, I stood up and walked to where she was. I sat on the little space left on the couch she was my hand across her shoulder.

"Rose? It's just a year and we'll be together again." I smiled at her.

"Just a year? You call a year just? Within a year, I went through a lot. Within a year I was with my parent's murderer and I was smiling at her each and every day, just a year, and my life was almost ruined." She said as she cried really hard.

"I'm so sorry." That was all I managed to say, I felt bad for her but I was so confused. It's not a good idea if we continue staying here together, it's so awkward and that's what she doesn't get.

"Would you like to follow me to my family's place? I'll just tell them you're my friend and probably explain things to them, they'll understand." I hate to see her cry and if I don't find a solution to this, she might end up crying till the end of the year.

"Oh OK. I don't mind, as long as I get to see you every day. Alex, you're the only one I have left, you're the only one I trust. If I go to my uncle's it means I have no one and I'll be with strangers, even my uncle is a stranger to me." She looked at me with those pitiful eyes and I couldn't help it.

"Okay, I'll make sure we never depart, how foolish of me to ever want to leave you," I said to her.

"You are foolish indeed." She laughed and I laughed along, that spark that lights up in me whenever she's happy, that relief I have within me, the joy and fulfillment I feel when I'm with her. How foolish of me to let all that go for a year, how foolish of me to call a year 'just'! Indeed I'm foolish. I said to myself.