CHAPTER ONE

Rose! Rose!! Rose! Rose!!
I woke up by my mother calling my name. What a beautiful day it was, living with my parents was the best. I was so happy to have them in my life even though I'm the only child. "Let's see what today brings," I said to myself.

It was Tuesday, just like every usual Tuesdays; the only thing special about today was that I'd be moving into a new class and probably meet new students, aside from my old friends, they were beginning to bore me.

I spent all my junior secondary school days as a boarding student, my parents showered me with so much love. They were the best.
I was a spoilt child that got everything I wanted, I might not need everything but I wanted it all and I got it. A beautiful room with my pictures boldly framed on its wall, my wardrobe was enough to open a boutique, my shoes were expensive and they become undersized easily but I had no siblings and no one to dash them to, so I kept them for other purposes which I'm not sure of.

With all of these shoes and clothes I owned, my parents never bought me a phone, most times I'd see my age mates using cool android phones. whenever I asked my parents for it all they'd say was when I'm sixteen they'll get me a phone. Well, I'm fifteen now and I was glad the day was getting nearer. My Dad bought a lifeline official phone for the house in general, in case of an emergency.

"Can't you hear me? Rose!"

"Ma!" I answered. "I'm coming". I walked into the kitchen, it was her normal routine to be in the kitchen every morning to make breakfast. With all the stress my mum went through each day, she adamantly refused to hire a maid, only the gateman and she changed them like clothes.

"Good morning mum." I greeted her and she looked at me and smiled mischievously.

"So you don't know how to kneel and greet your elders again right? You've grown too big for all that?" She said and smiled at me, I smiled back, went into the living room, and switched on the TV.

"Won't you get ready for school" she yelled and I mumbled.

"Can't you hear me?" She added.

"I'm on my way mum" I shouted.

It took me thirty minutes to get ready for school. I wouldn't want to miss the school bus.
"Bye mum," I said smiling oddly at her. I don't know why but I've never been more glad to have her in my life and my Dad! Oh! My Dad, I haven't seen him today.

"Bye my dear, Focus! You know this is a new class, ss2 is not a small class " She said and laughed, but I knew she was very serious.

"OK mum" I've heard," I told her.

Where's my Dad?" I asked.

"He went out very early this morning" around 6 am," she told me.

Why?" I asked.
Your school bus is here" she said louder than usual and handed me my lunch box.

"Mum! I can't use this anymore, it's childish. Only kids take food to school in a lunch box." I frowned at her.

"Then, I'll get you a better and mature one." She smiled.

"What I mean is that I don't want to take food to school anymore, big girls in my school buy food from the cafeteria," I explained. We could hear the bus horn but I kept on talking.

"Leave Rose, they're waiting for you." She yelled.

"Bye mum" I hugged her. I walked towards the door, then I heard her call me back.

"Rose?"

Yes mum"

She then looked at me in a very awkward way and finally said:
"I love you Rose"

"Really mum?" I replied almost frustrated but actually, I was.

Bye, mum" I added.

Bye" she said, but I couldn't hear her say it clearly.
I rushed down to the gate and I entered the bus.

Hey guys!
I'd like to inform you that I'll only be able to publish two-three chapters in a week😢...
Only on Mondays _Wednesdays
Please vote and comment...
Illy😘❤️💯.