PART TWO

ROSE'S POV.
I woke up in a strange room. It took me few minutes to remember what happened yesterday evening and how I ended up here.

I have to get ready for school. How do I get my uniforms from the house? I should have thought about this before staying here.
I walked into the bathroom and there was a new toothbrush and tooth paste; I think he kept it there. I brushed my teeth, had my bath and wore the clothes I was on yesterday.

I needed to see Alex. I left the room, getting to the living room; I saw that it was 4:30 am. I couldn't wake him up, I had to wait till 5:30.
This house is very nice. I said to myself.

I entered the kitchen and I was marvelled, I also entered some other rooms that were unlocked.

I was about going back to sleep when I saw another room; it was unlocked too. This must be his mum's, it's quite obvious that it hasn't been visited for a while. I sat on the bed, it was quite comforting. I knew I was passing boundaries.

I went closer to her wardrobe. It won't hurt to open Rose. my subconscious added.

I opened it and I saw clothes, shoes and few bags. I then saw a particular document. opening it clearing showed that I was crossing boundaries but something in me was so eager to open it. I opened it and it was boldly written on top of a note TAYO WILLIAMS' REQUEST, I was about reading further when I heard footsteps. I refolded the note into the envelope, closed the wardrobe and left.

I was lucky to not find anyone on my way to the living room, I checked the time and it says 5:10am. I was about heading to Alex's room when I heard a voice.

"Looks like someone is awake. Good morning Rose." He said and handed me a cup of tea.

"Good morning, you've made tea already?" I said.

"Yeah, I was about bringing it to your room." He added.

"Oh... I said.

"So how was your night? He asked.

"Smooth." I said with a full smile on my face.

"I can see. He laughed.

" I need to go home" I said.

"Home?" He asked.

"Yeah, uniform, school stuff, clothes. I need to get them." I added.

"We need to explain to the authorities, you can't go like that. Call your aunt!" He said.

"My aunt? I can't. If I do, I'll ruin their marriage and her husband might end up killing me like he threatened." I told him.

"You'll end up saying the truth, you can't continue like this." He said.

"I'm confused. I said facing down.
"That's why I'm here." He said, holding my hands.

I was happy I had someone who understands me.

" Thank you Alex. I said hugging him.
"You're welcome. He smiled.

*****************************************
7:00am
"Are you ready? He asked.

"Yeah. I said.

I took my phone and dialed Sister Tayo's number, thank God I took my phone with me. She picked immediately.

"Rose? Is that you? Have you been kidnapped? She asked.

"No. I'm fine."

"Kola said you left home. Why? I need answers Rose, why didn't you spend the night at home? I was about calling you but I realized I didn't save your number, Rose? Are you still there?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Well, start talking." She shouted.

"I am at my classmate's house." I said.

"Why Rose, why? Didn't you get treated well? Tell me." She said.

"Mr Kola threatened to kill me?" I said almost crying.

"What? Kill you? Why? I'm taking the next flight to Lagos now, stay where you are, I'm coming soon. She said and hung up.

"Cleared right?" Alex said.

"Yeah cleared." I sighed and said.

"Now the next step is to text her my house address so she'll come pick you." He said.

"Could you help me do that?" I asked.

"Sure." He smiled.

He texted her the address.

"Won't you get ready for school? I asked.

"You'd get bored here. I'll just wait till your aunt comes." He said.

"You know that's not possible, I don't know the exact time she'd get here." I said.

"Then I'll skip school today." He said to me.

"I don't want you to be a part of this mess Alex."

"We're in this together Rose. He said loudly as he went into the kitchen. I had to follow him.

"Thanks Alex."

"For?"

"For?  For everything Alex. Thank you."

"Now let me ask you for a favour" He said.

"Sure".

"Could you please stop thanking me for every single thing I do for you." He smiled.

"Oh... Whhhhy?" I stammered.

"Because it's creepy." He said and smiled.

"You, not wanting me to thank you is creepier Alex." I said and we both laughed.

It's been a while I laughed this hard.

"Why don't you let me cook for you." He said.
"You know how to cook? I scoffed.

"Excuse me ma'am. I'm sure I'm a better cook than you are." He said and laughed.

"So what are you making sir?" I asked.

"Why don't you let me worry about that." He said.
"Oh. OK".

"Go watch TV, I'll call you when I'm ready." He said and walked towards the cooker.

"I want to watch you do it, anyways, where are the maids? I asked.

"Oh. They usually have offs on Tuesdays."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, so Go now. Watch TV or something" He said and pushed me towards the exit.

"I'll be expecting something exquisite!  I said loudly.
"Ok ma'am." He said, louder.

Vote! Comment😍️️😍️️
I love y'all😘😊