PART TWO

I have to act fast, what if they poison me?
What do I do?
Where do I go?
I had to lock myself up in my room but, I knew I couldn't stay in the room forever. What do I do?

Oh, I have a phone now. I can make a phone call. I won't call Sister Tayo, if I do she'll find out about them and they might kill me, just like they threatened. I thought.

Three hours later, I was still in my room pondering what to do and how to avoid them from killing me, as they threatened. when I saw the school's prospectus; I was given the prospectus in order to get familiar with the prefects and other students in the school.

Then I saw Class SS2 on the contents of the book, leading to page 6. It was there I saw my classmates and their profile. Then I saw Alex Alabi's profile and his phone number.
I was at ease. I didn't know if I should call him or not, after all that happened.

I really need his help right now, I'm so scared. What do I tell him? How do I put it?
They can't do anything to me, I'll just have to wait till tomorrow. I kept thinking randomly.

It was seven pm and I was famished. So I decided to call Alex.
I dialed his number and it wasn't going through, so I dialed it again and he picked.

"Hello, who is this please? He asked.

Should I hang up and pretend like I don't need his help? I'll just say it and beg him to come over and pretend like he came to give me a note.

"It's me, Rose. Errm ok I really need your help Alex. I'm sorry for what I said the other time, I really need your help". I said trying not to cry.

"Rose? What's wrong Rose. He asked." He must be a very nice guy for him to still be concerned about me.

"Please could you please come over to my place I really need to get out of here," I said.

"Get out of your house? Why? What about your parents. He asked.

"They are not around" I lied. "They travelled and my uncle is acting weird, just get me out of here," I told him.

"Ok should I come with the Police? He asked.

"No no-no. Don't come with the police just pretend like you came to give me a note please" I said trying to prove my fear.

"Ok. I'll be there soon." He said.

Please be... Hello? Are you still there?"
I was out of airtime. Open the door Rose, they can't do anything wrong to you. They are not evil people. I tried to convince my inner self. What if he doesn't show up; I pray he does.

ALEX'S POV

me? Come over to her house this evening? Hell no I can't risk my life for someone who I barely know. What if she planned it all. Coming to school after three weeks of resumption and being my seat partner, she might be a groupsent too.

What if she's seriously in need of my help, I need to help her but this is risky; I can't go alone. I'll have to call Martha she lives around too and David. That's it I'll just go get them from their houses.

*****************************************
I got to Martha's in three minutes.
"Who's there? I heard Martha's voice getting closer.

"It's me, Alex," I said.

"Alex? Oh good evening."

I didn't even know how to put it. Should I tell her the truth or...?

"Errm Rose. you know Rose right?" I asked.

"Yes I do, the new girl." she smiled.

"Yeah. So she said we should come over to her place and show her around the neighbourhood, You know she just moved in." I added.