CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

ROSE'S POV.

I could feel my heartbeat faster than usual, I was so tensed. It was as though the earth stopped moving, it was time for me to confront the devil. Alex brought me here, I didn't want to.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Alex asked.

"Actually, I'm not. I don't think my mum would be satisfied with this decision I'm about to make, my aunt is the only maternal relative I have. I'm just not sure of how my mum's expressions would be in heaven if I turned her in." I looked down.

The police station was noisy but we could hear each other, we were allowed to see her after series of pleas.

AN HOUR EARLIER.
After explaining to Alex about how we made Yvonne fall into our trap by making her say the truth while sister Tayo eavesdropped on our conversations.
Alex and I decided to go visit her at the police station. We boarded a cab, Alex paid; he shouldn't be the one to pay since I was the one taking him along but I was with no cash so I had to act like it's no big deal and thanked him.

We got to the police station, I asked one of the policemen if I could see a detainee called Tayo; he refused. We pleaded but he refused, then I saw the policeman who was assigned to take me to the hospital. It was then I realized that bringing Alex here was a big mistake, he would definitely know that I got raped.

"Oh No," I said way too loud.

"What's that?" He asked.

"No- nothing, I'm just sad that he won't allow us to see her," I told him if only he could hear the disappointment in my voice.

"Let's go home," I told him.

"We should? After all the stress? Cmon.  Let's wait until he changes his mind." He said.

I could see the policeman coming in our direction, we had eye contact, he smiled and said: "Hi, how are you? You came to see your aunt right?".

" yeah, I came to see my aunt." I nodded.

"Oh, OK. He is?" He pointed at Alex.

"My friend, from school," I said hurriedly.

"OK. Follow me miss" He gave me a friendly look. I eyed the other policeman who refused to accept my plea and walked in. Alex followed me.
He told me to sit on a bench, he said he'll call me in a minute. Alex and I sat on the bench and we were hopeful that I'd see her.

PRESENT TIME.

Are you sure you want to do this?" Alex asked.
"Actually, I'm not. I don't think my mum would be satisfied with this decision I'm about to make, my aunt is the only maternal relative I have. I'm just not sure of how my mum's expressions would be in heaven if I turned her in." I looked down.
"This is the best decision you've taken so far Rose. Let's tell them all we know, let's fight this together." He looked at me.

"OK, I brought the document I found in your house. I can show her right? I can use this as proof against her right?" I was confused, I have never had to do things against someone, not against a relative.
"Oh OK," his expressions changed like he lost something.

"What's up Alex, what's with the face?" I asked, now I was the one trying to make him feel better.

"Nothing really, it's just that I have to turn my parents in too. It hurts you know, handing them to the police. Even though they are not my biological parents and they never acted like they were one, I still have a space in my life for them. I've known them to be my parents for years and now it seems I'm mistaken." He told me and I felt nothing but pity for him.

I was about replying him when the policeman walked up to us.
"Let's go," The policeman said to me.

"Yeah, I'd like us to talk for a moment, We have something to tell you," I said to the man. He looked like a man in his early forties, he should be understanding. It's his job by the way.