PART TWO

ROSE'S POV.

I got to school very late this morning. Sister Tayo went out very early this morning without any notice. I don't know why, but that was quite unusual for her.
"Look who came late," Alex said mockingly.

"I know right. Good morning." I smiled.

"Good morning" He smiled.

"I want to". We both said at the same time.

" you go first" I laughed.

"No, ladies first". He smiled.

" OK, ok." I raised my hands up in defeat.

"I've been meaning to ask you a question."

"Ok, go ahead" He faced me.

"Well, remember when I spent the night at your house?"

"Yeah" His facial expressions changed.

"I sort of got lost and I was in your mum's room". I looked at his face to see if I was encouraged by his look. I was so I continued.

" oh, you scared me. I thought you wanted to say something terrific, it's actually no big deal though. The room has been there for years."

"Well, I -I saw my aunt's name in her wardrobe" I stammered and continued. " I'm so sorry if I trespassed. I'm so sorry, I walked in and I saw how cool the room was I just had to check it out". I looked down, I felt bad.

"You don't have to be sorry" He smiled.

"I don't?"

"Yeah. What's your aunt's name by the way." He asked.

"Tayo Williams. I don't know if they were friends or something. I mean your mum and my aunt."

"I haven't heard of that name though." He looked confused.

"Alex?" I called.

"Yeah." He looked up at me.

"When was the last time you visited your mum?". I don't know why I had to ask.

He paused for a moment. " well, we, I mean I haven't visited her. I mean, ever since s-h-e left, I I haven't seen her". He looked away.

"What?" I exclaimed and everyone looked in our direction.

"He never took me to her".

" can you listen to yourself?"

"I- I". He was about to say a word when the English language teacher walked in.
I looked at him with such disbelief.

*****************************************

We closed early today. Our exam starts tomorrow and I have a lot in my head. I am not the straight-A students, I'm just an average student but I don't fail my exams though.

As usual, we walked home together.

" where's David?" I asked.

"I haven't seen him today. That was what I was about telling you the other time. Martha is truly pregnant" He smiled.

"I thought as much. That's big!" I exclaimed.

"It is" He smiled.

"Why are you smiling? She's still our friend you know".

" Do you know that David is the Father of the "pregnancy". He emphasized the word " pregnancy ".

" Omg! That's bigger." My mouth was wide open.

"Close your mouth" He laughed.

"Wow. What are they planning on doing?

" nothing, well I don't know yet though."