CHAPTER SIX

Alex's house was opulent than I imagined.

"Welcome Sir". The gateman greeted him.

Alex waved; well that was rude. How would an old man call him sir and all he did was just to wave? I guess that's how he does.

"Welcome to my home Rose." He said, smiling.

"It's lovely" I added.

The living room was big and luxurious. I wonder how a young boy lives here with maids only.

"Make yourself comfortable Rose." He said.
OK, thanks." I smiled.

"Would you rather eat first?" He asked.
"Not yet," I replied.

"Ok, let me show you to the room. He said and I followed him.

"Here's the room and this is my room". He pointed to a room opposite the room I'll be staying in.

"In case if you need anything, just knock." He added.

"Ok thanks," I said.

I entered the room, sat on the bed; the room was quite relaxing.

A few minutes later I heard a knock on the door. That must be Alex." My Subconscious said.

He walked in. He was on a white T-shirt, it looked so good on him. I had never seen him without uniform.
"In case if you need to change your clothes." He said; giving me clothes.

"Thanks, I replied.

"The food is ready." He said and left.

The clothes smell really nice; these must be his, I wore the blue shirt he gave me. It looked bigger though but it fits.

I walked into the living room, trying not to get lost.

ALEX'S POV
I hope I'm doing the right thing. Having Rose spend the night here; I couldn't have allowed her to stay with her uncle and that woman. And, oh here she comes.

"I almost got lost you know. She said.
She looked really cool in my shirt though.

"Really? I said.

"Yeah, nice place.  She added.

The maids were surprised about Rose in the house, not like they could confront me; but I could see it in their faces. They barely have a chit chat with my father, so it was impossible for any of them to tell him about it. Even if they do, I'll simply explain to him.

"Do you like the food?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's really tasty. Don't tell me you get this every day." She smiled.

"Not really," I said.

She took a gulp from her drink and said. "Thanks for having me stay here."

"I couldn't have allowed you back into that house" I said.

Watching her eat was fun, the way her mouth moves while she ate was funny and cute. She appreciated every bit of the food.

The maid cleared the table. It was so nice to have her around.

"Tell me more about your self Alex"  She said.

"Errm,  I'm the only child of my parents. My father is a businessman, he's barely around.  I can count how many times I've seen him this year. I can say I live alone and I don't chat with the maids; except if I'm to pass out a duty to them". I explained.

"Oh... Your mum? She asked." I was expecting her to ask, I can't tell her. I think I should, she told me her story. My father told me not to tell anyone about this, what if she tells everyone; I'll just tell her anyway.

"Alex? Are you OKay,"  She asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. You were saying?" I said.

"I asked about your mum, your mother" She added.

"My mum, well she, she's, she is in jail!"  I said, forcing the words out.

"Omg, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." She said, looking pitiful.

"It's OK, she should be out soon." I added.

"Oh... So when?" She asked.

"In the next eighteen to twenty years. She's coming soon right?" I said.

"I'm so sorry. She said and walked towards me. I was about to cry but I didn't want to.
All she could do was just to pat me on my back and we knew it wasn't working.

"Rose. I said quietly.

"Yes..." She answered.

"Could you please keep this as a secret between us. I don't want anyone to know anything about my mum." I said, just to be sure.

"I won't tell anyone I promise." She said.

"TV? I asked.

"Yeah, sure." She said.

We watched TV for 2 hours and it was 10.00 pm.
"It's 10 pm Rose, I have to go to bed," I said.
Rose wasn't answering, oh she's asleep already.
I'd have to wake her up to go to bed. She looks prettier when she sleeps, I can't wake her up! I said to myself. I switched off the TV and carried her to the guest room, Phew! the weight though. My subconscious added.

I pulled the blanket over her and switched off the lights.
She must be a heavy sleeper for her not to wake up while I carried her.

I went to my room and laid on the bed, I started thinking about my mother and how she was doing.

No matter how sad I felt, something hopeful kept striking through my heart and it was the fact that I now have someone to share my problems with. I switched off the lights and tried sleeping and luckily it came through.
iam_fisaj

Hey guys😘😍️️...
Apologies for late updates😢
I've been busy!
I'm so sorry!
Please vote and comment 😍️️
xoxo😍️️