PART TWO

ROSE'S POV

The walk home was really short.
I walked into the living room and I was surprised to see Sister Tayo still watching TV.

Relief brushed through my veins.

"Welcome Rose, you'll be making dinner I don't want to miss this scene". She focused on the TV.

"Ok ma" I walked away.

"Rose?" She called me.

"Ma"
"I just want to let you know that I've signed the divorce papers." She said focusing on the Tv without facing me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry ma". I looked pitiful.

"Go, go make dinner; there's still Yam, right? Just make something let's eat and forget about all that." She waved.

I walked into the kitchen. It took me thirty minutes to make the Yam and sauce, I took it to the dining table.

"It's ready ma".
"OK, dear." She stood up immediately like she was expecting me sooner.

She blessed the meal and we started eating.
She said the sauce is nice but I didn't seem to like it. The food was tasteless in my mouth, I have a lot stuck in my head and I'm scared I might not focus on the upcoming exam.
I cleared the plates and I moved into my room.

I laid on my bed, as usual, trying to solve the mysteries behind this issue about Alex's mum.

"Who could have done this," I said to myself.
David and Martha said they're sure Maria has a hand in this. I've always known that girl was up to no good, and now she has proved it.

We're not really sure if she's the one, I wouldn't like to accuse the wrong person.
Come to think of it! That man, Martha, the unasked answers about the Simcard.

Could Martha be... No that's not possible. She's too nice for that, she's just like the sister I never had.

I took my phone and I realized that I have been added to the school group on WhatsApp by David.

I tried texting Alex but I was scared he might not give a response. I stared at the ceiling thinking of how to solve the mysteries in my life, I slept off when I couldn't find answers to the questions running in my head.

6:45 am

I yawned, stretched. I didn't even get to change to my nighties, for the first time in many years I slept with a jean trouser on.
I must have been very exhausted yesterday.
I did my usuals and in no time I was ready for school. I was actually faster today and that's because I was so eager to see Alex. Maybe if I explain things to him he'd understand. Maybe, just maybe.
Sister Tayo was still in her room, I guess she slept very late yesterday. I didn't want to wake her up so I walked out of the house without notice.

SISTER TAYO'S POV

I've been awake since 2:00 am in the morning. I couldn't sleep, I guess I miss Kola.
Wait, what do I tell my kids when they're back from school? Oh, that their father divorced me.

I should be the one crying for a divorce not him, I should have known when for six months he didn't touch me; Kola that I know, for six months straight he didn't even touch me. I should have known better but because I was mostly occupied, I didn't count it as anything.

Why do I feel like he stole from me? He made me commit crimes that I couldn't have imagined, he dragged me into a lot of shady things.

He brought the idea of murdering my sister and her husband. Yes, We connived and hired killers to murder them; and every night my conscience stabs me in the heart.

I wish I could turn back the hands of time, declining the regretful idea he brought. Anytime I look Rose in the eye I imagine her asking questions, like why? Why did you do this? That's why I try so hard to make it up to her.
Her parents were really self-centered during their lifetime, they were only concerned about theirs and theirs alone.

FLASHBACK TO 2012
Apparently six years earlier.

"What? You can't get married yet. " Remi followed me to the kitchen.

"Why? " I took a drink from the fridge.

"What's up girls" Tunde walked in.

"Tayo is getting married" She looked frustrated.

"That's not possible" Tunde laughed.

"Uh? So it's possible for you two and it's not with me? You guys have been married for some years now and I'm just planning to get married, I'm not even sure if it'll work yet and you guys are talking like this? And you Remi? I can't believe this".

"It's not that Tayo, you know how things are, how we run this business. Don won't be happy if he finds out that you're getting married." Tunde said.

"So it's about Don? Do you know that all this is because of you two, after lying about the stolen goods, he offered you an alternative to either get murdered or put me up for it. I agreed, why? Because I love you Remi. Do you know how he rapes me, beats me, harasses me? He turned me into a sex doll. And now I've found someone I love, someone that accepts me with my flaws and you're telling me, it's impossible?". They were both silent as I walked towards the door.

"You're getting married to Don, Tayo either you like it or not. I'm still your elder sister." I paused after Remi said those words.

"Oh really?" I laughed and continued. " I'm pregnant Remi, I'm carrying his child". I smiled.

"Really? Don's?". Remi asked.

"No, Sam's!"

"I knew this was going to happen! Tayo, our lives are at stake here." Tunde said worriedly.

"Speak for your self Tunde" I walked away.

Our parents were drug barons before they died, they trained many people; mostly youngsters. They made millions, they made money. We never lacked while growing up, till date; the best moments of my life were when they were alive. We enjoyed our lives until fate caught up with us, they had a fatal accident and they died. Tayo and I were already grownups at least to a point when they died.

We lived alone, we were aware of the fact that they were into illegal business but we weren't allowed to tell anyone. It was our little family secret. Our parents most trusted apprentice was Don, he knows the in and out of the job. The dealers and the orderers, he took over everything.

We lost access to all our parents' money and all. All we had was their ATM card and after few years it expired.

We never knew any lawyer with them. My father was not a property lover neither was my mum. We were stranded. I remember most nights I'd go to clubs get hooked with big men and ask them for money. I was used brutally by those men, they eventually pay me a very little amount of money after squeezing the life out of me.

I'd come home with goodies and all, my sister never asked me where I got them from. I'm sure she knew but she was enjoying the fact that at least it comes with money.

Don came looking for us, and for the first time in a few years, we had nice meals. He gave us money, bought us clothes, paid Remi's fees at the university, paid mine.
We thought that light has once again found it's way into our lives but we were wrong!
That was the beginning of our doom!

Hey guys!!!❤️
It's getting hot.
Will Rose find out about Sister Tayo?
Will Alex find out about Martha?
Vote and comment!
PS: The flashback continues in the next chapter!!😘😘