Am I useless or competent?

"Thank you again. This is really helping us out." Nora said sweetly. She held Weiss's hand as she led her through a mess of back alleys and secret passages, quite similar to the time she had brought Weiss to meet Ren. Weiss recalled Blake and Yang's warning about not going off with strangers into dark alleys but... Nora wasn't a stranger anymore, sooooo this was fine.

Nora led Weiss to a room. Weiss had almost no idea how she'd ended up there. "Ok!" Nora said. "Now we wait for Ren." Ren stepped out of the shadows to be by Nora's side nearly a second later. "Oh good you're here!" Ren nodded.

His expression hardened. "Someone's coming." He whispered. He put his hands on Weiss and Nora's shoulders, and the color drained from their vision. Someone was indeed coming. They were trying to be silent, but Weiss could hear footsteps. Footsteps from above? She looked up, and saw slight light creeping in through the floorboards that made up the ceiling. Were they in a basement?

Nora raised a finger to her lips in a shushing motion. Her peppy demeanor had vanished, and the iris's of her eyes seemed to glow with small crackles of lightning flashing across them. Weiss was mesmerized by Nora's eyes. The want to gaze into Ruby's shining silver eyes gripped her heart.

The footsteps above stopped. There was a slight creak, and–

CRASHH

The ceiling gave out just above Weiss, but she dove away in time to escape the cascade of dust and debris that waterfalled down from the broken wood. Weiss coughed, and through the dust could see Ren and Nora using weapons across the room fighting someone.

"WATCH OUT FOR HIS TAIL!!" Ren yelled, and Nora narrowly dodged what must have been said tail. It was to dusty to see clearly from where Weiss was.

"Scatter Weiss! We'll handle him! This Isn't our first meeting!!" Nora called out to Weiss.

Weiss obeyed. She thought about staying to help for a moment, but she didn't have her sword. And even if she did, Weiss wasn't confident in her human to human battle strategies. She still needed some lessons from Blake. She would definitely have been more of a hindrance then a helper in this particular battle.

She left through the door Nora had taken her in from, but didn't get more then five feet before she bumped into a large figure blocking her path. Before she could even think, huge hands clasped around her head and slammed her into the wall. Everything went black.

***

Weiss awoke with a searing headache. Where was she? Wait... Had she, really gotten captured?? What?? Was she THAT helpless?!? Weiss still couldn't see. After swiveling her head a little, she realized she was blindfolded and tied to a chair. Fantastic. Somehow it wasn't as scary as she thought it'd be. Her chest felt warm inside. A calming warmth. She needed to be calm. Yeah. If she was smart, she could escape, slip past her captors quietly. But first she needed to see. Weiss fidgeted around a bit, and discovered the blindfold was loose. She shook her head despite the pain, and managed to make it slide down to around her neck.

Weiss blinked. She was in a dimly lit room, much dirtier then the one Nora had taken her too. It was a different place. Where it was or how far from Nora it was, Weiss wasn't sure. Something besides her was in the room as well. Someone. A tall dark man with piercing eyes that stared into her soul. They stared at each other, silently.

Weiss noticed something else she hadn't before about the room, a moment later, there was a third person in it. In the corner if the room, hiding in the shadows, was a scraggly old man with an eye patch. Weiss recognized him... He'd been watching her creepily when she and Ruby had first seen Henry boasting about having a dragon scale. That old man had stuck out to her for some reason, but Weiss had pushed the thought deep down into her subconscious till just now. Just like the footprints... Dangit.. She looked at the old man, then turned her gaze back to the one in front of her.