None of us have any common sense

"Its a good thing cats always land on their feet..?" Yang said to Blake, trying to lighten the mood. Apparently, everyone had failed to realize having Yang carry a blanket with a living person in it with only one arm in dragon form was a bad idea. A bad idea which resulted in Blake nearly meeting an untimely demise. Luckily, Yang was smart enough to dart after her as soon as she had dropped her, but still. Weiss could almost see the aura of irritation oozing out of Blake, as she folded her arms and sat facing away from Yang on a log. Yang looked like an abandoned puppy.

Ruby and Weiss's trip had gone better. But it was pretty jostly in the blanket sack. And Weiss didn't even want to think about what would happen if Ruby used her rose petal speed boost with the blanket.

Weiss saw Ruby thinking hard, humming to herself as she wracked her brains. "Hmmmm... So blankets won't work... What else was there again?"

Weiss thought. Did this mean they were going to walk? Whoever was following her would for SURE nab her if they did that. There were still two people they didn't know the identities of. Uhg. Weiss hated having to think of herself as a kidnappable damsel in distress. That was one of the things she'd run away from back at the castle.. What other way was there?

"Could we steal a horse and cart or something?" Yang glanced back at Ruby and Weiss, taking a break from trying to talk to Blake for a moment.

"We are NOT stealing a cart. Ruby's already got wanted posters of herself plastered around town, we don't need to add the rest of us up there." Weiss grumbled

Yang's head tilted in a sharp twitch "Wait, wanted posters?? Since when??" Yang noticed that despite Ruby's surprised face, Blake seemed indifferent. "You knew too?? Communication people!! That is the foundation of a good relationship with friends!"

"Oh says the one who didn't tell her girlfriend she knew about her fanus secret for a year!" Weiss snapped back.

"...I have wanted posters? What did I do??" Ruby spoke up curiously.

Weiss huffed, remembering the incident. "Uh, well, remember when you saved me? Claws, slicing a guy, yeah so apparently his friend lived and told a tale about being 'attacked in an alley'. Left out the part where he almost killed me, it seems."

"Ah..." Ruby and Yang nodded in understanding.

Weiss went back to the topic before and turned to Yang. "Have you stolen a cart before? You sounded awfully confident when mentioning it.."

Yang whistled softly to herself and avoided eye contact. Blake let out a small snort as she tried to keep from laughing. Yang turned back to Blake, to resume her half pandering/half apology.

"Now that I think about it.." Ruby wondered out loud. "Killing people really IS a bad thing, isn't it?"

Weiss barely stopped herself from replying sarcastically. Oof, Yang was rubbing off on her.. "..yes. It is. but, in cases where there's no other option, even the guard force can be lenient someone who's killed another." Weiss put a hand on Ruby's head and rubbed it softly. "You're still a good person. Good, good dragon. Girl? Good girl? Uh.." Weiss was having trouble with the proper terminology.

Ruby leaned herself against Weiss happily. "Person is fine when I'm like this! Don't wanna let out the secret!" Ruby nodded to herself.

"Oh! I've got it!" Yang put one of her hands into a fist and rested it in her other hand. Ruby and Weiss looked over, and Blake's bow twitched. "Lets use a makeshift saddle! Not, like a super well done crafty one. But I bet if we tie enough blankets and leather or whatever together we can get something stronger than ropes that would break against our scales! I mean the main reason it's a bad idea to ride a dragon is because its easy to fall and scales can be sharp if you sit on them long enough. A saddle fixes that!"