Wish for a mundane life

"What the hell?!" was the first thing Weiss heard when Blake unlocked the door and stepped into the room. Yang poked a head in right after, and her happy face melted into a pool of frustration.

"Nooo..! Ruby!" Yang mime strangled her from across the room.

"So I'm assuming you know what this is?" Weiss covered Ruby's mouth with a charred blanket, and a sneeze from Ruby sounded. Weiss pulled back the now smoldering charred blanket husk, batting down the embers. "Because I'd LOVE IT if someone else could take over fire duty. She'd have burned this whole room down if it weren't for me."

Yang rubbed the back of her head. "Yeah, I just hung out in a cave till mine wore off. Caves aren't very flammable. Wooden houses are." Yang took what was left of the blanket and sat in the chair Weiss had been in a moment before, watching Ruby carefully.

"Going off of what Weiss said.. You know what this is?" Blake asked, dragging a chair over next to Yang. Weiss took a seat on the bed by Ruby's feet.

"Yeah. Basically. Dragons can't get sick. But.." Yang paused. "Humans can. So if we get sick in human form, and try to change back, ittttt doesn't go over so well." Yang caught one of Ruby's sneezes in the blanket. "Even I wasn't sneezing this much! Or maybe I was, I don't remember that well. I was alone, after all." Yang thought out loud.

"So you were all half dragony too?" Weiss asked, poking Ruby's foot through the blanket. Ruby fidgeted, feeling ticklish in her sleep.

"Oh yeah. Except, when it happened to me my legs were also affected. Ruby only seems to have it in her arms and face." Yang observed, pulling up the blanket covering Ruby for a moment.

"And the wings, horns, and tail." Weiss tacked on.

"Those are a given, they'll always happen. The rest is just random. My uncle said he just became a full on human sized dragon when it happened to him." Yang wave a hand dismissively.

"But dragons are immune to sickness, you said? That doesn't transfer over to your human form?" Blake said, after having gone over her thoughts a few moments.

"Yeah, it doesn't. Its weird how some things do and some don't. Maybe its so we're more authentic as humans? But then again, we've kinda got extra strength and enhanced healing, so that already makes us obviously non human. And don't ask why the healing doesn't work on sickness, honestly, I have NO idea. Maybe it only works on physical wounds? Its like our biology is on drugs and just tosses out facts at random."

"Sounds inconvenient." Blake leaned against Yang.

"Trust me, it is." Yang reached over and gently fluffed her sisters hair. Ruby's eyes fluttered open, and she sat up in a panic.

"Ah! Wha?" She looked and saw Her sister and the rest surrounding her, and calmed down a bit. "Oh. I thoubht that girl from earlier caame back." Ruby shook her head dizzily.

"Girl from earlier?" Blake looked at Weiss.

"Some peppy girl named Nora. She said she was supposed to clean the room while we were gone, but since we were here, she just talked for a little and then left. She didn't see Ruby." Weiss added that last part as she saw Yang's face growing concerned.

"Did this place have people cleaning during the day?" Blake wondered out loud. It must have, Weiss thought, how else would Nora have had a key to their room? If she were a thief or something she'd have been more surprised they were still there.

Ruby scratched at her cheek, it making an irritating screeching sound as her claws scraped the semi formed scales. Blake covered her bow with her hands and her human ears with her arms, glaring at Ruby. Ruby squeaked softly and stopped at feeling the overwhelming pressure from Blake's look. "..please don't do that again." Blake said. Ruby nodded.