**Gayness intensifies**

Weiss and Ruby had rented a room at an inn after they'd gotten Weiss's ID back and left the guild. Weiss wanted to thank Ruby, but at the same time she wanted to strangle her with all her might. Sure, that statement Ruby had made might've pushed away some of the chance that anyone would ask Weiss to date them, but now Weiss couldn't even look at Ruby without feeling a twinge of red appear in her complexion.

"I've never been on a bed before~!" Ruby bounced on her hands and knees. She flopped over into a mess of blankets, and stared up at Weiss. Aaaand there was Weiss's blush, right on schedule.

"Ruby, we need to, ummm, have a discussion! About some rules." Weiss took a deep breath. "First: You need to stay close by me at all times. Second: No revealing your dragon nature around humans besides me. Third: Don't... Don't say the word girlfriend again."

"What? Why not?" Ruby sat up and faced Weiss, worry written all over her face. "Did I do something wrong? I don't understand many human things, you have to tell me if I do Weiss." Ruby poked at the blankets sadly.

"No, you didn't! Just don't, call me that."

Ruby looked hurt. "Are we not friends anymore?"

"No no, I mean yes, uh, I'm your friend! I'm still your friend Ruby, you don't have to worry." Weiss sighed. "Its just, being friends, and being girlfriends are two different things."

"Different how?" Ruby tilted her head cutely.

"Uh. Well. Girlfriends, and boyfriends, do things like... Cuddling... And k.. Kiss.." Weiss looked literally everywhere in the room but at Ruby.

Ruby suddenly leaned way too close to Weiss. Weiss got pushed against the front end of the bed banister, with Ruby staring right into her eyes, an inch away from her face. "Can I kiss you, Weiss?" She asked.

Hhhhhhhhhhhslsjslsjalsnlwlakqlsjsk Weiss couldn't form even one coherent thought. Ruby was so, so close. Weiss's entire body was frozen. Ruby backed up, giving Weiss some breathing room. And breath she did, as apparently Weiss's body had forgotten how to breath for the 20 or so seconds that Ruby had been almost on top of her.

"Th-there's a thing called personal space!" Weiss screeched, while almost breaking her neck as she turned her head away from Ruby's still intense gaze. Ruby backed away some more, trying not to look as sad as Weiss KNEW she felt. Ahhhhhhggg! How to explain this correctly?

"I'm sorry! ..I won't do that again." Ruby said quickly.

Weiss regained a little composure, and tried again. "It's not a bad thing to be girlfriends.. I'm just not, uh, emotionally ready to go there yet! We're definitely friends still!" Weiss cleared her throat. "You become girlfriends with someone you love." There. That'd clear it up. Now, Ruby would see that she should take better care of her heart–

"I do love you." Ruby said bluntly. "Is that not ok?"

"Whhhhhh but I mean uh that's just because I'm the first human you met! Right? If, it were someone else, you'd have fallen in love with them, surely!" Weiss tried to deny the gayness of the situation.

"Nope! It's you. If it was a different human, I don't think I'd like that. We'd surely become friends! But I don't think I'd want to be their girlfriend after hearing then explain it like you did." Ruby tackled Weiss in a hug. "I loooveee you Weiss~" She purred.

Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god hug HUG AHHHHHHHHHHHH "E-even, if you love me, that doesn't mean I love you!" Ahhhh no! That came out way meaner than intended!

Ruby had her face on Weiss's stomach, and stared up at her. "How do you, get someone to love you?" Weiss could feel Ruby's warm breath seeping into her clothing. She shivered.