So happy I could die

"I love you."

.....Weiss didn't want to open her eyes. She said it. She'd finally managed to say those three words. What did Ruby look like right now, she wondered? Was she happy? Angry that Weiss had taken so long?? Disinterested?? Weiss was starting to stress herself out, so she opened one eye for a peek, and–

Ruby was sleeping. No. No no, no way. She'd heard it right? What Weiss had said? There, there was no way she could have fallen asleep right before Weiss said it, and missed it, right? Right?? Weiss sat up, and felt her blood run cold. It had taken her more then a week to gather up the courage to finally say it, and she was only able to because Ruby had figuratively given her her heart!! This situation would never happen again!! She'd never be able to say it again if this time had been a flop!!

She heard Ruby giggling. Weiss looked down at her, and saw the girl smiling back up at her. "You looked so panicked just now~"

Weiss wanted to KILL HERRR..!!! "You, little..! Mmmnghg!" Weiss flopped over on top of Ruby, pinning her down and staring into her eyes. Ruby was trying to seem confident, but Weiss could tell she was nervous.

"Heh. Sorry, I couldn't resist teasing you just a little." Ruby pushed her head up and touched her nose to the tip of Weiss's. Cute.. She laid back down, her eyes sparkling. "Woa… Does it always feel like this when someone tells you they love you? Its like my heart is trying to run away." Ruby breathed deeply to calm herself.

Weiss, similarly felt like her heart was about to jump out of her chest. She was above Ruby, she'd just confessed... Was she supposed to kiss her now? Kiss? Wait was that what was supposed to happen? She wasn't emotionally ready for that yet! Weiss flipped herself over quick as lighting, onto her side facing away from Ruby.

"Hm? Nooo come back..!!" Ruby called dramatically. She moved herself over and put an arm around Weiss's middle, pulling her close. Ruby leaned into Weiss, smelling the back of her neck. "You smell so nice... It's a smell only you have~ Your human smell."

Weiss only just barely kept in the screech of embarrassment she wanted to let out. She could feel Ruby's breath on the back of her neck, tickling her, constantly reminding her that she was there. The arm softly clinging to her middle was another reminder. Ruby's legs kicked playfully at Weiss's, entangling themselves with them. Ruby held Weiss tightly, like she never wanted to let her go. She fell asleep for real that time, clinging softly to Weiss like a baby panda. Weiss had been so tense when Ruby first hugged her, but over the weeks, she'd learned to accept them. And at this moment, despite how flustered Weiss was, she was truly enjoying Ruby's physical affection. She wanted to hug her back. But the position she was in now was so warm and comfy, and she didn't want to wake Ruby up. She let herself slowly drift to sleep, Rubys presence enveloping her.

***

Morning now. As soon as Weiss awoke, memories of the events of last night crashed down upon her. She felt such relief, and yet at the same time such fear. She wasn't sure how to act in a relationship!! Were her and Ruby in a relationship now? They hadn't talked about it yet. They needed to. Weiss felt something gently patting her head. She opened her eyes, and saw that her position from last night had been altered. Instead of Ruby spooning her, now Ruby was lying down on her back with Weiss resting her head on Ruby's chest. And Ruby was petting her. Weiss lifted her head a little, to meet Ruby's eyes.

"You're awake." Ruby observed, still patting. Weiss felt like a cat, the instinct of wanting to flee only being held back by the fact that the petting was nice.

"Yeah.. Um." Weiss wanted to ask her. Ask her if she remembered Weiss's confession.

Ruby sat up, indirectly pushing Weiss to a sitting position as well. She looked to the side, and rubbed the back of her head a little. "Was that true?"