Chapter Five

(Rocky's POV)

   Sleep... Darkness... Where's the Light?

   I tried waking up, but after alot of blood loss. I just gave up and went back to being unconscious. I felt my body being set on a soft surface. I heard the faint words of someone speaking, "Curaga." Wait, Curaga? That's a healing spell! Only Master Healers know that spell! How did Sora find a healer so fast unless... Leon!

   I felt like I was in water, sinking under the surface. Until someone spoke and I could breathe again. I felt like I went back up to the surface, but I can't get back on land. I can't get out of my unconscious state.

   My hand felt warm, like someone has held it for some time. I looked up and I saw it. Light. I saw the light of my conscious finally waking up.

                               ***

   I woke up to find Sora next to me in a chair, asleep. Figures. I kissed his cheek and squeezed his hand. "Sora, wake up you lazy bum!" Sora opened his eyes and yawned.

   He rubbed his eyes and then looked at me. He jumped and smiled, "Rocky! You are awake!" Sora tackled me in a hug that made me fall back into bed.

   I smiled as he looked at me, "Feel better, Princessa?" Sora said and I laughed. "Sor-a, I told you not to call me that name." I said in annoyance. He grinned his stupid grin and helped me up. "Aerith needs to see you for a checkup." Sora said as he took my hand gently. I yawned sleepily. "Alright, Let's meet this Aerith person." I said as he let me lean against his shoulder and we went downstairs.

   (Sora's POV)

   I walked Rocky downstairs as I saw Aerith. I waved at Aerith, "Hey Aerith, Rocky woke up but she is still weak." I said with a hint of worry. A girl jumped out of nowhere and startled Rocky and I. She was skinny with knee-high socks, ankle-length boots, a torn shirt, and a bandanna. Aerith sighed, "Yuffie, go away."

   Yuffie smiled mischievously, "The Great Ninja, Yuffie!" Yuffie climbed out of the window and disappeared.

   Aerith sighed, "I'm sorry about Yuffie. She does that alot. Sit in this chair, Rocky." Aerith pointed to the chair in front of her. Rocky moved slowly to the chair and Aerith did her checkup.

   I sat down on a couch and relaxed. I let my eyes close and sleep came on to me quickly.

                                ***

   I felt someone's hand on my cheek. I heard Rocky's voice again. "I knew I'd find you snoozing over here." I woke up and saw Rocky next to me.

   I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Come on, Sleepyhead. Cid is making dinner." Cid? From that shop? I followed Rocky sleepily into the dining room.