11 - A Bad Friend

MIRU

After school, at the cafeteria.

"My fries."

"No, my fries."

"I got it first." I frowned at Taehyung.

"No. Jimin got it, not you." He bit back at me.

"Yes, but Jimin gave it to me!" I pulled the brown mcdonald's paper bag to me but Taehyung snatched it.

"Doesn't mean that I can't have it too!"

"Kim Taehyung!"

"Guys, guys! I bought it so you two can share!" Jimin intervened, taking the paper bag away from Taehyung. He took the fries out and put it in the center of the table.

"I can't believe you skipped class just for fries." I said to Jimin, slapping Taehyung's hand away when he was about to take a fry.

"I just want to take one, what's your problem?!" Taehyung spoke in disbelief. I just blew a raspberry and looked away.

"Yo, guys, chill out! It's just fries," Jimin said, taking a fry and gave it to Taehyung. "What's wrong with both of you today? Geez."

"I don't know, you ask her." Taehyung munched at the fry in annoyance. "Getting mad over some fries."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Oh, I don't know- maybe it's because someone put a mother flippin' frog on my head this morning!"

"It's just a little frog, it's cute! What's wrong with it?!" Taehyung defended.

"It's gross when you put it on someone's head!"

So this morning, someone from the science track brought a frog for anatomy purposes. That someone happened to be one of Taehyung and Jimin's friends. They were playing with the frog and I was just minding my own business. I was sitting on my desk with my earphones plugged in, listening to some music. All of the sudden, I felt something jumping on my head. A frog fell to my desk and I immediately stood up, screaming. As soon as I heard the deep laugh behind me, I knew exactly who it was. Taehyung and his friends were chasing the frog while I was holding a grudge against the guy in his dark grey hoodie.

"It was a frog from the school's pond." Taehyung said, munching another fry.

I shivered at the memory. "It's still disgusting."

"The frog is dead now though. Someone made a mistake while doing the anatomy. Poor thing." Jimin said, placing his chin on his palm. "So how are you and Hoseok doing?"

I've told Jimin that I liked Hoseok, just because. Taehyung said that Jimin is a very reliable person and that he keeps your secrets well. And ever since I befriended him, he was very trustworthy. Now I get the reason why Taehyung is best friends with Jimin, he's a very nice guy.

But I don't know how he survives Taehyung's silly pranks though.

"Eh, good," I shrugged, honestly not knowing how to reply. "I'm watching you all practice tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah, you should come. We're having another small match tomorrow." Jimin said, taking the last fry so Taehyung and I wouldn't fight over it.

"I'll be there too, then. Let's play." Taehyung challenged Jimin, which he replied with a nod. "Loser buys the winner lunch for a week."

"No, come on, I'm saving money for a new PC!" Jimin whined.

Taehyung stiffled a laugh. "How are you so sure that you're losing?"

I watched as the two bicker. They looked so close, I felt invisible for a moment. I envied their friendship. Even Ari and I were never like that the whole time we were friends.