20 - Hoseok's Voice

Diary-nim,

It's afterschool.

It's also D-1 before the school festival, before I play on the actual stage. It's nerve-wrecking. I hope I can do well.

The principal lets us practice using the auditorium today. He lets us, he even told off the teacher who forbid us to practice there. He wished us to do a great job for tomorrow. He's being really nice today and I kinda felt bad for vandalizing his car last month.

I hope Taehyung does a great job in filming us or else. I will really stab his pinky toe with a pencil.

Also, I want donuts.

Anyway, I will start getting ready for the rehearsal.

Have a nice day, diary-nim.

* * *

I exhaled and smiled a little. I had just finished writing on the new diary book I bought. This time, a cute brown grizzly bear was printed at the front cover while the back showed the bear's butt.

"Stop smiling to yourself, you look ridiculous."

I looked up at the girl sitting on the bed across me. I shared the same facial expression as her; disgusted.

"You know, people who talk crap about others will be reincarnated as a toilet roll." I said. Fun fact, I just read that on the internet this morning.

"What-"

"Hello, Juyeon?" I cut her off, answering the call from my club's president. "Yeah, I'll be there in five." Giving Ari a last glance, I didn't even bother to listen to whatever poor comebacks she was trying to say.

The practice went well. The club members seemed to be quite pleased with my solo dance scene which meant that my hard work paid off. But there were some parts that I was still not proud of, so I thought I needed to fix that later.

We also tried our costumes. The character I played, Amissa's dress was wine red. The design gave off the feeling of a 17th century lady in a ball, which it was supposed to picture. The dress has virago sleeves or puffy sleeves. The tight corset made it hard for me to breathe, but it emphasized my figure really well. The dress has an embroidered petticoat under it which made the dress looked prettier. The fabric they used made my dress shine perfectly under the spotlight. There were many more details in the dress which I didn't know the names of, but overall, I really liked how it turned out. It was a quite big dress so it's going to be hard to dance in it.

I didn't get the permission to practice with the dress after the group practice ended, but I did get the permission to use the auditorium. The club members went to their dorms while I stayed to practice more. I memorized my lines while practicing my gestures and attitude. Amissa was a hard role for me since I couldn't relate to her personality but so far, I was doing quite well, or so Juyeon told me.

It has been around fifteen minutes since I started practicing on my own. The tall doors of the auditorium creaked open and I stopped saying my lines. A head poked in, I recognized him as Taehyung.

Ah, speaking of Taehyung.

As I expected, after what happened at the trip, he's been acting like usual, as if nothing happened. If anything, our relationship has been more platonic than usual. Not gonna lie, it kinda hurt me a little bit. I wasn't able to forget the feelings I had for him, but I successfully hid it.

I've always been hiding it ever since my heart started beating fast whenever I'm around him, so it's not hard.

Oh, who am I kidding. It's hard to even look at his eyes.