2 - Lovestruck Eyes

MIRU

I slurped my small box of apple juice, contemplating the incident where Taehyung took the blame instead of me, which happened a couple of days ago. I haven't stopped feeling terribly bad for having someone being punished instead of me. For a couple of days straight, I've seen Taehyung cleaning the school's pool right after school until seven in the evening. Nonetheless, I haven't heard him complaining.

I watched as a tall boy wearing a white headband swung his tennis racket professionally, beating his opponent. Mr Do, his coach who was also his opponent, praised his tennis skills. "Jung Hoseok! You never failed to surprise me. What was that swing?"

Hoseok, a multitalented guy from the class next door. A charming, goofy, outgoing and friendly, smart, and an awfully nice human being. Which explained why I had grew a crush on him since the start of our high school year. Not to mention, he was undeniably handsome.

Hoseok just chuckled, picking up the green ball. "You're praising me too much, coach. I'm no better than you."

"Don't be like that," The coach slapped Hoseok's arm. "You're really good at tennis. You should join a national competition. How's that?"

Hoseok shook his head. "I'm not interested, sorry, coach. I'd rather play here, it's less pressuring."

Hoseok suddenly turned his head towards the bleachers, where I was sitting. He then smiled. I was sure that he smiled at me because no one else were sitting on the bleachers except for me.

"Kang Miru!" Called Hoseok. I have been summoned by the sun. "Care for a game?" He waved his racket in front of him.

"Right, it's been a while since we played together, Miru." The coach said.

My eyes travelled between the coach and Hoseok. I wore a troubled smile and shook my head. "N-No, thanks. I didn't bring a racket anyway."

"What are you saying?" Hoseok laughed. "You can always borrow the tennis club's extra rackets, you know."

I licked my lips, didn't know what to respond. Honestly, I sucked at sports in general. I didn't want to play against coach, especially Hoseok. I would make a fool out of myself if I ever did.

As if it was on cue, Taehyung then entered the grassy open field along with his friend. I immediately stood up and bowed to the coach and Hoseok. "I'm sorry, I have something important to do so I have to go. I'll see you." And then I ran off to Taehyung.

Taehyung, who was surprised to see me became more surprised when I took his arm and dragged him away. "Park Jimin, let me borrow your friend, thank you!" I yelled after I pulled the boy's arm.

"What- Kang Miru, what the heck do you think you're doing?" Taehyung asked when I took him behind the school building.

"I need escape and you were there so I took the advantage." I said. "Besides, I need to talk to you."

"About what?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

"About what happened two daysㅡ but hey, why were you in the tennis club instead of cleaning the pool?" I asked in suspicion.

The boy shrugged and leaned his back on a tree nearby. I walked and stood closer to him. "I've finished cleaning it. Today wasn't so dirty so I was able to finish it quick." He said. "And why were you there?"

"That's none of your business." I said. "Anyway, about what happened two days ago. Why did you tell the principal that you were the one vandalizing? You know very well that I did it."

Taehyung looked away. "Eh, just because."

I frowned. "Taehyung, I'm being serious here."

He looked at me and raised both of his eyebrows, folding his arms. "And you think I'm not?"