13 - The Antagonists

MIRU

Since the moment I started studying in Sequoia Academy, I went to the vending machine a lot. I like the drinks there.

I took the apple juice I bought and plucked the straw in. Just when I was about to drink it, a hand snatched it away from me. I turned to glare at the person. He was standing in a leaned back posture, his eyebrows were raised at me.

I blinked once, twice, three times, before snapping back to reality.

"Kim Taehyung, that's mine."

Taehyung just raised his eyebrows and sipped the juice. "Am I pissing you off?"

"Yes, you are."

"Good," He grinned cheekily. "Are you going to practice?" He asked and I just nodded, walking ahead of him. He then caught up with me, walking by my side. "Can I come with you?"

"You're already coming with me." I pointed at him. I kept my finger there and squinted my eyes. He jokingly tried to bite my finger.

"Big doof." I sneered.

Taehyung hummed and nodded his head. "It's been a while since I heard those phrases." He said.

I simply ignored him and pushed the theater club room open. The school didn't let me borrow the auditorium this time. They told me that I used it too often when the rules said that no students were allowed after school hours ended. I kinda didn't get it, if I wasn't allowed in the first place then why did they allow me to use the room a couple of weeks ago?

This time, I was also already changed. I connected my phone to the speakers and Taehyung went to sit criss-cross on the floor, at the center of the room.

"Let's talk about the school trip next Thursday." Taehyung suddenly declared. I recalled the moment when our homeroom teacher suddenly announced a four days and three nights trip to Jeju.

"I'm not that interested honestly." I confessed. I wasn't the type of girl who liked to go on trips with school. It's usually boring and I was often alone.

"Why? It's gonna be really fun. Plus, you have a chance to go for Hoseok there." Taehyung said, leaning his body on one arm.

"Speaking of that," I spoke and started warming up for my dance. "We should stop about the plan things. Let's just go with the flow, you know. We sound like we have bad motives towards them in a way, if you think about it."

Taehyung seemed to think for a while, then he nodded in agreement. "Makes sense. Okay then."

"Besides, things are going well between me and Hoseok," I spoke. "He got me this." I pointed at the black bucket hat I was wearing. The word 'hope' was embrioded nicely at the front.

"Oh yeah?"

I hummed in reply. "Does it look nice on me?" I asked.

"You look like you're gonna dance hiphop instead of contemporary." He commented.

"I scorn you once again, useless companion." I scoffed, walking towards my phone to play the already familiar song.

Right after the song played, the room went silent. I listened to the song carefully, making sure that my body moved as fluid as possible. Taehyung was keeping an eye on me, basically watching the spoiler of the upcoming show. I made sure I was dancing at the center of the 'stage'. My body has memorized the movements perfectly, only that I still hasn't got the feeling of the song.

Juyeon and Yunseo were quite disappointed when they saw my progress yesterday at practice. They said I lacked emotion and the whole dance seemed bland, and I was supposed to look sad.