Chapter 24 (filler to chapter 25)

Jacob's P.O.V

I was shaking with fear and i was cold. The officer came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder handing me a blanket. I looked at the house, then the car, then Chres. Nothing is coming together like it should.

Officer: what happened here

I looked down at the ground seeing everything that happened moments before again.

::FLASHBACK::

We had just come from the zoo laughing and playing like a real family would. As we parked the car, got out and approached the door of the house everything just went up in flames sending all 3 of us back into the middle of the street were someone tried to hit us with a car. I quickly picked Veah up as me and Chres ran out of the middle of the street were the car hit a medal pole. The car had a message on the side. It read "Queer" Chres got up walking towards the car but i grabbed his hand shaking my head no.

Chres: i'll be fine im just going to see who's in there.

Me: no chres please just stay with me

He sighed and nodded. I looked at Veah who was silently crying. I shhh'd her and she cried harder.

Me: whats wrong ?

She gave me her hand and she had a huge piece of glass in it. I touched it and she flinched.

Chres: listen Princess your going to have to be a big girl right now for daddy ok

Veah: o-ok

Chres: im going to pull it out, grip on Jacob's Jacket ok just dont scream because it'll hurt more.

She nodded and got a good grip on my jacket i bit my lip as Chres put his hands on the womb. I rubbed her back as she closed her eyes. I nodded at Chres and he started pulling the glass out. Her grip got tighter on my jacket as blood oozed out of her hand.

Me: he's almost done Veah ok.

Veah: mhm

I moved the hair out her face as he pulled the rest of the glass out throwing it behind him. Chres took off his shirt and ripped his sleeve off wrapping her hand. I gave him a heart warming smile. He smiled back and embraced me with a hug. I sighed and kissed his cheek. Imagining what could have happened if we were in there. We all could have died. I flinched as he kissed the side of my face. I had an at least 3 degree burn. It felt better as the cold air hit it.

Veah: im c-cold

I took off my jacket and put it around her. I stood up and picked her up as she slept peacefully on my shoulder.

Chres: im sorry

Me: why you didnt know

He sighed and i looked at him in confusion. He wouldnt try something on me and Veah right ?

Me: w-what are you saying ?

Chres: i.....

Me: you what !?

Tears were threatening to fall. I was hoping he wasnt going to tell me that he set this up or was involved with this.

Chres: i... I

Me: spit it out !!

I yelled loud and Veah shifted in her sleep. I rubbed her back as tears started falling from my eye's staining my cheeks.

Chres: *sighing* i got involved with some drug dealers and.......They said if i didnt pay them the amount they needed that they would hurt you and Veah but me being me i took them as a joke not thinking they were going to do anything to you guys. Im really sorry.

I stepped back as he stepped forward. I heard the police sirens and looked over his shoulder. He looked at me with pleading eyes but i just kept back away. I almost died because he thought he could play with my life. And his own little girl !?

Me: stop thinking you can control everything. we all could have died because you thought you could stop some drug dealers ! P-people who've killed beat and r-rape before ! You may know more about the streets than m-me, but h-have common sense C-chres.

Tears fell as the fire truck pulled up and started spraying the house with the water hoes. Smh

TBCCCCC VOTE/COMMENT

How do you guys feel about this ?