Chapter 14: nobody knows

3:00 PM

Jacob's P.O.V

I woke up still at Chresanto's house so why not go home. I was headed for the door when the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it said Great Bridge Elementary School. I answered it knowing it was Neveah's school.

Me: hello

Principle: yes may i speak to Neveah August's father please

Me: he's not here but im another guardian of her's

Principle: well thats fine.. Could you please come pick her up school was over an hour ago

Me: yes ma'am

Principle: thank you

Me: no thank you

I hung up and rushed out the locking it on my way out. What the hell is chresanto thinking ! Neveah is his #1 priority what the fuck is he doing so important that he couldn't pick her up. I got in my car trying to call Chresanto. No fucking answer. Now im mad. I drove to Neveah's school heated, But she got happy when she saw me walk inside.

Veah: JAAAAACCCCOOOBBBB !

She ran towards me and i gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek.

Me: im sorry your daddy wasnt here

Veah: im sorry it happens sometimes and then he apologizes.

Me: this happened more than once ?

Veah: yea and one time he sent this tall big man to pick me up

Me: ok lets go home but what you want to eat first ?

Veah: CHIPOTLE !!!! OH MY GOD I LOVE CHIPOTLE !

Me: CHIPOTLE IS MY LIFEE !

We both laughed after imitating the little boy from vine. We hopped in my car and went to Chipotle. I tried calling Chresanto one more time but it went straight to voice mail. He better be ready when he gets back cause im going off on that ass. You know what im not even gone to imma just ask him what he was doing and leave it at that.. Maybe. Once we got out Chipotle we head back to Chresanto's house and he still wasnt there. I sighed and got out with Neveah. I locked the car doors and unlocked the front door walking in. Once we got settled in me and Neveah sat on the floor eating our Chipolte watching Monsters Inc. im a big kid dont judge me ! We laughed and joked as the movie continued playing.

Me: thats why you look like Mike Wasozcky

Veah: you look like his girlfriend !

Me: why i gotta be a girl ?

Veah: why i gotta be a boy ?

Me: Touché

We laughed and once we finished eating i got up and threw it away continuing to watch the movie as we drunk our drinks.

7:53

Me and Veah had already watched 2 and a half movies. She's wondering were her dad is and i just told her at work which i dont think is true. We are now watching Austin Powers Gold Member. Its her 2nd favorite movie. After at the end of the movie i looked and saw Neveah sleep. Soon i was sleep to.

Chresanto's P.O.V

I gathered my clothes and put them on panting and out of breath.

Nique: well that was fun

Me: yea i guess you can say that

She smiled and so did i. I looked at the clock and it was 8:00. SHIT !