twenty-eight

〚 third person 〛

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"I'm getting cockblocked, but in a confession way." Akaashi muttered flatly as he stared at Maekawa unamused.

The older brunette choked, spluttering her milk as a laugh spilled out of her mouth. Bokuto, who hadn't been paying attention, turned around and quickly began patting her back.

"So vulgar, Keiji!" She exclaimed, wiping her mouth as her laughter began to subside.

"I'm surprised you even know a word that big." This remark earned him a slap on the arm.

Maekawa giggled softly, pouting at Akaashi's mean words. "Rude."

He sighed quietly, running a hand through his hair. "Sorry, I'm just ticked off."

Maekawa glanced away from him, staring at the blue sky above them. The three of them were currently sat on the roof of the school during break.

It had been a whole week since the day Akaashi tried to confess to Yano on their way home from the store. From then on, his chances have been more and more scarce as Aomine began showing up everywhere.

The frustration was growing within him seeing as Aomine knew exactly what he was doing by clinging to Yano 24/7. It didn't help that Yano was nice enough to allow Aomine to stick around her all the time.

"You know what you have to do?" Maekawa started, nodding her head as she stared out into the distance. Akaashi rose a fixed brow at her, wondering what bullshit she came up with now. "You have to kill him."

With a clenched fist and serious expression, she turned to Akaashi who looked absolutely dumbfounded by her words. Quick enough, she broke out into a smile and smacked him arm.

"Geez! I'm kidding! Don't be so serious!" She cackled, amused that Akaashi even doubted her for a second. Her expression got serious for a split second. "Unless you want to?.."

"No." Akaashi deadpanned, giving her a flat look as he tossed a small piece of bread at her forehead.

Maekawa continued to joke about different things Akaashi could do to remove Aomine from the picture safely, but the male disliked them all. It wasn't really his style to go out of his way to stop someone from doing things like this.

"I'll just wait it out." Akaashi announced as he stood up from the ground. Maekawa shrugged, giving him a thumbs up.

"Just don't wait too long or else Aomine-kun will snatch her up for real." Maekawa warned playfully, waving at the boy who began to walk away.

Akaashi's shoulder drooped slightly as her words set in. Maekawa was right about that. If he waited too long, Aomine would definitely make his move.

I'll find the right time.

That time didn't come for a while, but something else did.

As Akaashi entered the small diner, he noticed a familiar body within the building. A small, almost nonexistent scowl crossed his lips as he glanced away. Avoid.

Akaashi ordered some food, praying that the navy haired male wouldn't notice him. His prayers were denied when Aomine glanced up and smirked, waving him down.