twenty-four

〚 third person 〛

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"Do we have everything?" Maekawa questioned as she scanned the males who lined up appropriately. Yano stood at the end of the line beside Onaga, a first year.

Everyone nodded, bowing to Maekawa and the coach before heading on their way over to Nekoma high.

It's finally training camp time.

"Kou, you better not act up again." Maekawa scolded, piquing Yano's interest.

"Again?" Yano questioners leaning closer to Maekawa who dug through her bag.

Akaashi appeared at Yano's side, motioning with his head to Bokuto who was complaining to Maekawa about making him look uncool. "Bokuto-san had a fight with Chinatsu last year which ended quite badly. They broke up for a short time."

Yano's eyes went wide at the revelation. "They broke up?!?"

Konoha snickered, slapping Bokuto's back. "For one night until Bokuto went crying to Maekawa-san to take him back."

"GAH!" Bokuto quickly disappeared from everyone's sight as they all began to bring up what happened last year. It was so embarrassing for him.

"What were you guys fighting about?" Yano inquired curiously, tilting her head to the side at Maekawa.

"Whether turkey or chicken was better." Her answer made everyone's jaw drop in shock.

"THAT'S what you guys were fighting about?!" Konoha hissed, dumbfounded by the fact that they had such a big argument over something so stupid.

Maekawa nodded, shrugging softly. "Chicken's better."

"NO, IT'S NOTTTT!" Bokuto whined from somewhere else, eliciting a laugh out of Maekawa.

"Tokyo's favorite couple has returned, I see?" A voice interjected, stopping everyone's conversation.

Their eyes flit over to the tall, black haired male who stood a few feet away. His lips were curled into a condescending smirk as his eyes thinner slightly.

"Kuroo-kun, nice to see you!" Maekawa exclaimed, dragging Yano over to Kuroo who chuckled.

"Hey, Chi. Nice to see you to-" Before Kuroo could wrap his arms around Maekawa's body for a hug, Bokuto appeared in front of her. He swatted Kuroo's hands away, narrowing his eyes at the male.

"No touching my girlfriend." Bokuto grumbled childishly, broadening Kuroo's smirk.

"Aww, is the little owl jealous?" Kuroo taunted, smirking smugly at Bokuto who narrowed his eyes at the male. "Why don't I take both of them then-"

As Kuroo reached out to grab both Yano and Maekawa, Bokuto and Akaashi blocked him completely.

"Kuroo-san, that is sexual harassment." Akaashi muttered, being polite while Bokuto full on smacked Kuroo's hands away.

"No touchy my girlfren!" Bokuto grumbled, now being twice as childish and protective. Maekawa found it cute.

Kuroo held his hands up in defense, chuckling to himself. "Follow me. I'll show you guys around."

As he began to walk away, Yano caught up with Akaashi who walked beside Bokuto.

"Hey," She started, catching his attention first thing. "Thanks for that."

Akaashi shrugged his shoulders, not reacting much to her thanks. "No problem."

"So, what's this training camp for?" Yano questioned, looking at Akaashi who was more or less interested in answering.