one

third person

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

Maekawa sat on the grass, holding her body up with her hands that were planted on the ground behind her. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as she tried to catch her breath. Unaware of her lack of readiness, Akaashi set the volleyball towards her and watched as it flew over her head. The ball bounced three times before rolling far away from where they stood.

"I'm tired." Maekawa mumbled, throwing her head back in exasperation. "I'm bored, too."

Akaashi crouched down in front of Maekawa, pulling the neckline of his shirt to wipe the sweat droplets that formed on the side of his face. Maekawa wiped her cheek on her sleeve and sat up straighter.

"You wouldn't be bored if you tried." Akaashi remarked, giving her a pointed look to which she responded by sticking out her tongue at him.

"Well, I'm sorry, Kei-chan! I'm a middle blocker! I don't want to be a winged spiner!" Maekawa whined, making Akaashi reach over and pinch her cheeks. His expression didn't change much as she whacked his hands in an attempt to free her precious cheeks.

"It's wing spiker." He retorted, making her cheeks turn a bit red with embarrassment. "Just bear with it for awhile, won't you?"

"See, I don't like that position so much that I don't even know the name of it!" She huffed, feeling Akaashi's fingers loosen on her cheeks. Letting out an irritated sigh, she crossed her arms over her chest and looked away from Akaashi. "I guess I can bear with it."

Rolling his eyes slightly, he glanced in the direction of their missing volleyball. He scanned the grass, noticing the Mikasa ball nowhere in sight. "Hu-?"

"Hey," A voice called out loudly, catching the two off guard. Maekawa and Akaashi's head turned in the direction of the voice and spotted a boy their age running over to them. He had spiky white hair with black streaks in it which made him kind of resemble an owl. Grinning brightly, his yellow eyes shined as he ran towards the two in the middle of the grass. Behind him, he dragged along a female who looked a bit younger than him. "Hey, Hey, Hey!"

"Bo, please slow down." The female he dragged exclaimed, unable to keep up with his high speeds. Not listening, he dragged her over to the two kids and abruptly stopped before them. The female bumped smack dab into his back, yelping slightly from the sudden impact. "Bo!" grumbled the female, rubbing her reddened nose.

"Sorry, Tenten!" He apologized carelessly, laughing with amusement. His eyes flitted over to Maekawa and Akaashi who stood there, watching with curiosity. "Hello! I'm Bokuto! I saw your volleyball roll down there and I grabbed it. Can I play with you guys? I really really really wanna try to spike one of your tosses!"

The mention of spiking the tosses made both Akaashi and Maekawa perk up.

"Oh, thank god." Maekawa sighed in relief, more than thankful that she didn't have to be Akaashi's wing spiker anymore. Akaashi accepted Bokuto's invite and held out his hands to catch the ball Bokuto threw in the air.

"Will she also be joining?" Akaashi questioned, motioning over to the female who stood behind/beside Bokuto. Her eyes went a bit wide when she realized that Akaashi had noticed her there. Her cheeks tinged pink as she sheepishly stepped closer to Bokuto a bit more.

Bokuto glanced over his shoulder at the girl and quickly grabbed her arm, pulling her away from his back. Her eyes went wide as he forced her to stand in front of everyone. Grinning brightly, Bokuto said, "This is Yano Tenshi! I call her Tenten!"