twelve

third person

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"Ten-chan!"

"Chi-chan!"

The two ran towards each other, tackling one another in a tight hug that nearly sent them flying to the floor. Hikari stood behind them, chuckling at their interaction.

It'd been almost a year since Yano had left the neighborhood to live with her relatives. This was her first day back since she left.

"Bo doesn't know I'm here, right?" Yano asked as she picked up her bag, slinging it over her shoulder. Maekawa climbed into the car first and Yano followed.

"No, I made sure he didn't know anything." Maekawa said as Hikari started up the car and began driving. They were headed off to a small hotel nearby since Yano was only hanging around for two days before she had to go back.

"Good. I know if Bo knew about me coming that he'd probably invite Akaashi-san out with us." Yano said, plastering a small smile on her face when her heart ached. Maekawa patted Yano's shoulder, knowing that she was still recovering from that day.

"Just know, I beat him good after that." Maekawa reassures, grinning to herself at the thought. "I tricked him into wrestling with me and I killed him."

Her words elicited a laugh out of Yano. She held her stomach, trying to soothe the pain from laughing so much.

"You're crazy, Chi-chan." Yano laughed, earning a shrug from Maekawa who couldn't deny it.

"So where do you want to go?" Hikari asked as she drove down the road. Maekawa and Yano immediately said something about food which led them to the food court.

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"So how's life at Teikō?" Hikari asked as they sat down in the car with food in their laps. Yano propped her legs up, munching on her sushi beside Maekawa in the backseat.

"It's okay. My neighbor is really nice, but he's kinda weird." Yano exclaimed, chuckling softly as everyone looked at her with curiosity.

"Weird? What do you mean?" Maekawa asked, biting into her burger.

"He's kind of a pervert." Once she said that, both Maekawa and Hikari went mom mode and started panicking.

"DID HE TOUCH YOU??"

"WHAT'S HIS NAME? I'M CALLING THE POLICE!"

"No, wait!" Yano stopped the two from losing their minds and giggled, waving it off. "He's not like that with me. He's really nice."

Skeptically, they listened to her stories about the male who helped her out a lot at school. Since he was in her grade, he was nice enough to walk her home and walk her to school. In exchange, she was forced to play basketball with him and help him practice.

"Maybe later we can FaceTime him. He wanted to meet you." Yano said as she glanced at Maekawa who raised an eyebrow at her.

"How does he even know me?" Maekawa asked, confused since she had only heard of him today.

Chuckling, Yano motioned to the wallpaper of her phone which had all four of them in it. "He saw this and wanted to see what my friends were like."

They continued talking about her new friend until they fell on a topic that always managed to make Maekawa flustered.

"Are you and Bo dating yet?" Yano asked, making Maekawa nearly choke on her food. Hikari snickered, amused by Yano's bluntness.

"What?! No!" Maekawa shouted, wiping her mouth with a napkin.