five

third person

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

Yano felt like the distance between her and Akaashi was far greater than she had originally anticipated.

He was a good looking fellow, quite popular among the females in his grade. Despite being one year younger than Maekawa, he was loved by the majority of the females in her grade.

They seemed to fall for his aloof and quiet persona which also made Yano fall too. Not that his enigmatic attitude was the only thing she liked about him.

His popularity with all the females in the school always made Yano feel a bit helpless. It made her want to be selfish and ask Akaashi to only speak to her. Was that so wrong of her?

Today was no different from every other. The four arrived at school and split at the entrance since two were upperclassmen.

They each said their goodbyes, heading off in the direction of their classroom. Akaashi watched as Bokuto pulled Maekawa down the halls by her wrist, leaving him with Yano.

"Akaashi-kun?" Yano asked as she glanced behind her at Akaashi. He quickly caught up, apologizing softly to Yano who waved it off.

"Can I ask you a favor?" Yano mumbled nervously, glancing at Akaashi who peered over at her. With a short nod, he listened to her words. "Today's my mom's birthday and I wanna buy her a cake. Could you...uh, come with me?"

Before Akaashi could reply to her, she quickly held up her hands and explained further. "Bo can't go today and Chi-chan doesn't like crowds, so I wondered if you wanted to. You don't have to come if it's troublesome. I can just go alon-"

"Sure." Akaashi flashed her a minuscule grin, patting her shoulder softly. "I'll go."

"Promise?"

"Yeah, I promise."

Her eyes went wide with surprise at his willingness, eliciting a small chuckle from the male. He reached out, ruffling her hair gently then turning on his heels.

"Let's meet at the shoe rack." He called out, opening his classroom door. Yano nodded, swallowing dryly from lack of air in her lungs. With one last smile, he shut the door and left her in the hall alone.

Gahhh! That was a surprise attack! So unfair! She fretted internally, using her hands to shield her face.

"What the heck are you doing?" A boy in her class asked, nudging her with his foot. Snapping out of her trance, she stood up straight and walked off to her class. "What the heck?"

The entire day, her mind was stuck on the fact that she was going cake shopping with Akaashi. It wasn't very much, but it was a pretty special time to her. Especially since she had a crush on him.

"Yano-san, please focus! Stop daydreaming!" Her teacher shouted, pulling her out of her daze. Flushing red, she bowed and apologized quickly.

"As I was saying," The teacher continued the lesson, motioning to the board that had a few messy scribbles on it.

Can the day end any quicker? Yano thought as she drifted back to her daydream in hopes that the time would pass by quicker.

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

The bell rang and students scrambled to get going. The ones who had clean up duty stayed behind, waiting for everyone to exit so they could begin their cleaning.

Yano slipped over to the shoe rack, switching her indoor shoes for her outdoor shoes. As she switched them, she felt her body go rigid when she heard his name being called.