twenty-seven

〚 third person 〛

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

Akaashi laid on his bed with his arm draped over his eyes. The sheets were untidy after he spent his entire night tossing and turning. The sounds of bird chirping signaled a new morning as the sun rose, dimly shining into his room.

He was brought out of his small daze when he heard Maekawa's window click then open up.

"Keiji, you up?" Maekawa called out, earning a cough in response. "Oh, good morning."

"Morning." Akaashi mumbled, dragging himself over to the window. His blue landed on Maekawa who wore matching pajamas with Bokuto who was still asleep on her bed.

"Are you doing anything today?" Maekawa asked randomly, leaning on her windowsill. Akaashi shrugged, running a hand through his hair.

"Not really." Akaashi replied, shrugging softly. His blue eyes flickered upwards to Maekawa's face that had a small smile settled on it.

"Wanna come over? Kou and I are gonna have a spa day." Maekawa cheesed, flashing a few packets of face masks at him.

Despite being tired from his lack of sleep last night, Akaashi nodded, feeling like it was a good time to relax and think everything out. He didn't want to be hasty with his feelings and hurt Yano again.

"Sure."

As he changed into some other clothes, Maekawa and Bokuto prepared for the little spa day they had planned.

Akaashi arrived in front of Maekawa's house about five minutes later and let himself in. On the coffee table in front of the couch was a bunch of masks and snacks that they got from the convenience store.

Akaashi sat down on the couch, picking up one of the packets of the face masks. He inspected the squishy packet, confused as to how he was supposed to use this thing.

"Do you want me to do it for you?" Maekawa questioned as she motioned to the packets. "Kou likes when I do it for him. I can put it on for you too."

Akaashi, not being to spoiled but also unsure if he could do it himself, nodded awkwardly and handed her the face mask that was in his hand.

Unashamedly, Maekawa grabbed Akaashi by his head and laid him in her lap. She ripped open the packet and began applying the mask to his face.

"Do you really have to apply it like this?" Akaashi questioned, awkwardly glancing to the side as his cheeks tinged pink. It had been too long since he experienced Maekawa's friendly affection. It's all been directed to Bokuto for so long.

Maekawa chuckled softly, leaning in a bit to get a good look at his face. "Of course. It's a spa day, so relax."

"You should let her give a massage after! She's amazing!" Bokuto exclaimed, leaning over the couch with a gummy bear dangling from his fingers. Akaashi tentatively opened his mouth, allowing Bokuto to drop the green gummy onto his tongue.

"Uh, sure." Akaashi responded hesitantly, watching Maekawa's grin broaden.

"Yay!"