twenty-one

〚 third person 〛

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

In the spring of Yano's second year of high school, she returned to the Kanto region to school at Fukurōdani. Upon her arrival, she was greeted by Maekawa and Bokuto who welcomed her home with open arms.

"Honey, are you ready?" Yano's mother asked as she got ready for school. Yano nodded, brushing her long brown hid behind her shoulders. "Maekawa-chan is waiting outside for you."

Yano grabbed a small snack and headed for the door. After quickly slipping on her shoes, she exited the house to see Maekawa standing there.

"Ten-chan!" Maekawa greeted as she threw her arms around Yano's body. They hugged briefly before beginning before journey towards the school.

"Where's Bo?" Yano questioned, noticing the male not being glued to her side.

A smitten look graced Maekawa's face as she heard the mention of her boyfriend's name. It had been almost seven months since Bokuto and Maekawa started dating and she still acted like it was just yesterday that they started dating.

It's almost gross. Yano thought, chuckling at Maekawa.

"He and Akaashi left early this morning to prepare for the club and the incoming first years." Maekawa explained, earning a nod from Yano who understood. "You should become a manager! I can teach you everything."

Yano shrugged, not having any problem with the idea in general. "Sure."

"YAY!"

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"Bokuto-san!" Akaashi called out as he tossed the ball to Bokuto who jumped for a spike. Everyone on the room watched as Bokuto smacked he ball over the net and into the floor. The sound of the ball hitting the floor echoed through the gym, sounding like a gunshot.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Bokuto cheered, high-fiving Akaashi who complimented Bokuto's spike. "That was awesome, Akaashi!"

As Bokuto babbled endlessly about Akaashi's toss, the gym door slid open to reveal Maekawa. Her presence instantly caught Bokuto's attention, causing him to cease his conversation with Akaashi to greet her.

"Natsu!" Bokuto exclaimed, skipping over to Maekawa who greeted him with a hug. She stood on her tippy toes, kissing his lips gently.

"Morning, Kou." After their little moment, her eyes slid over to Akaashi who behind Bokuto with a blank look on his face. "Hey, Keiji!"

Sighing softly, Akaashi waved awkwardly. "Good morning, Chi-chan."

"Sorry to trouble you."

"It's okay. I was heading to the gym anyway."

Everyone's attention turned to the door that slid open to reveal three figures. Two of them were males, Onaga and Anahori. The other one was a female. A very familiar female.

Akaashi's eyes slightly widened as she entered the gym, bowing slightly to everyone before walking over to Maekawa and Bokuto.

At first, he assumed he was dreaming or something, but the sight of her long brown hair and chocolate brown eyes made it clear that this was no dream.