sixteen

third person

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"I seriously can't believe you, Bokuto." Maekawa snapped as she wiped the stray tears that leaked from her eyes.

Bokuto wanted to apologize, make everything all right between them, but his words got caught in his throat. He watched as Maekawa turned on her heels, walking out of his house without a second glance.

"Way to go, bro." Kyouya called out, pouring salt into Bokuto's wounds.

"I'll apologize tomorrow when she calms down." Bokuto told himself as he headed up to his room to calm down.

It was just a silly little fight. It was nothing new for the two since they'd had multiple fights in their lifetime as friends.

But why?

"Why did she leave?" Bokuto asked as he looked at Hikari for answers. When Hikari wasn't able to provide him with a good answer, he felt worry wash over him. Maybe she went to visit her parents.

As Bokuto continued to check in on Maekawa's house everyday, he felt his worry grow as the days progressed. Today was the final straw.

"Hikari-san!" Bokuto shouted as he banged on the front door loudly. Hikari answered a few moments later, looking disheveled after just waking up. "Sorry to bother you, but where did Mae-chan go?"

Hikari scratched her head, recalling Maekawa's words from before she left.

"Did you and Koutarou have a fight?" Hikari asked as she noticed Maekawa laying face down on the living room floor. The loud muffled groan gave Hikari the answer she was looking for.

After a moment of silence, Maekawa jumped up from the floor and stomped off to her room. "I'm gonna get ready to leave."

Hikari nodded, realizing Maekawa couldn't see her nodding.

Hikari sighed softly, feeling the desperation that radiated from Bokuto's expression. "She told me not to tell, but,"

After hearing that Maekawa was currently in the other side of Tokyo with Yano, Bokuto was quick to act. Without even letting Akaashi know, Bokuto took the ne train to the part of Tokyo that Yano and Maekawa resided in.

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"Nice to finally meet you, Maekawa-chan." Aomine greeted as he wrapped his large arms around Maekawa's shoulders. She jumped a bit, surprised by his stature that seemed almost unnatural for someone who was a year younger than her.

"Daiki-kun, let her go." Yano huffed, pushing his arms off of Maekawa's shoulders. As Maekawa rubbed her shoulder, she was greeted by Kuroko who appeared beside her.

"What? Are you jealous that I'm talking to another female than you?" Aomine smirked, wrapped his arms around Yano's shoulders. "C'mon, you know you're my favorite girl, Tenshi."

Yano's cheeks tinged pink as she swatted Aomine's hand away, huffing when she heard him chuckle at her reaction. Yano broke away from Aomine to join Maekawa's conversation with Kuroko. It was an intense and deep conversation about vanilla milkshakes.