A Secret Rendezvous

*Reminder, this book will no longer be updated! The new chapters will be uploaded here https://my.w.tt/cQ9ghYFb85

For a taste of my new writing style, here y'all go! I hope you enjoy and stick with me while I redo this story ❤

The Force was like a murky puddle, the harder you tried to see the bottom the more muck and grime polluted the water. Meditation was pointless. With a tired sigh, you stood and stretched, pausing to acknowledge the empty space beside you.

Ahsoka would have been right here with me, full of questions about this ominous darkness, you thought and shook your head. There was no use dwelling on the past. So much had happened since Ahsoka had left the Jedi Order. It was a hard blow to all of you, especially Anakin.

 Then there was the battle of Ringo Vinda, where Tup's inhibitor chip... malfunctioned and he killed the Jedi Master Tiplar. Fives had been convinced it was some sort of conspiracy, and you lost both of them for no reason. Their deaths put a strain on your relationship with Rex, but the two of you were together again, and stronger than ever. You left your room and sighed softly as your feet carried you through the halls.

Stuck at a lull in the war, the 501st was stuck waiting for orders in space after Anakin had recently returned from a diplomatic mission protecting Padmé from the Banking Clan. You welcomed the break, but it was awfully boring. However, it was a lot easier to sneak away and spend precious moments with Rex here on the flag ship.

As you walked to the bridge, you found Anakin standing beside Rex, his hands clasped behind his back. Anakin spoke in a soft tone, a fond smile on his lips as Rex just looked flustered.

"Thank you, General," Rex said, noticing someone approach from his peripheral vision. He turned, and the moment he saw it was you he instantly jumped to attention. That was unusual, but oddly cute. You couldn't even remember the last time he did that. He gulped nervously, cheeks burning as he couldn't quite meet your eyes. Rex quickly stammered, "General (l/n), it's nice to see you."

A few of the clones working on ship maintenance looked up quizzically from the abnormal interaction before going back to work.

"At ease, Captain," you said with an arched brow and a quiet chuckle. You gently put a hand on his shoulder to try and calm his nerves. A wiry smile graced your lips as you whispered, "What the kriff were you boys talking about to get Rex this jumpy?"

Anakin seemed to be holding back laughter as he crossed his arms and grinned. "It's classified," he said. You turned to Rex, who was expertly looking anywhere except at you.

"Rex?" You called in a silky, smooth voice. "What did Anakin tell you?"

Rex brushed off his chest plate. "Nothing, Sir," he said, obviously lying. "It's a need to know basis, and you don't need to know," Rex add with a brighter flush to his cheeks. "Sir."

"We'll see how that stubbornness holds up tonight, Captain," you said with a smug grin. Rex chuckled and looked you dead in the eyes, smirking just the same.

"Yeah, we'll see," he said, rising to the challenge. Rex couldn't lie for his life, but he could be stubborn as Anakin and loved to win. The Jedi at your side rolled his eyes.

"I'd say to get a room, but I need to borrow Rex for a few more hours," Anakin said. You crossed your arms and and let out an amused huff.

"Fine," you said and looked over at Rex, winked and mouthed, "You know where to find me."

The captain gulped and watched as you turned and headed out of the room, his eyes glued to your figure. He wanted to follow you, but your duties always came first. Love wasn't a path to the dark side, it was the secrecy, the lies.