Chapter 9: Trespassers

Before you read, I'd love if you could comment who your top 3 favorite clone troopers are! They don't have to be 501st. It's for another story I'm working on part time. Thanks! :)

Trespassers

"Pantora's frigging cold," you whined as you stepped out of the carrier and into the white snow drifts.

"And this is the planet's tropical zone," Obi-Wan said over the frigid wind. You glared as the snowflakes fell upon the fur lining of your coat. That normally would have been fine, but they didn't melt right away. Your eyes shifted over to Rex as he stood in a new attire you hadn't seen before. A smile graced your lips. Even in the snow, you could feel his warmth through the Force.

"It's not Tatooine, that's for sure," Anakin joked. "Captain Rex, have your men survey the area. Place as many sensor beacons as you can before dark."

Rex nodded. "Right away, sir," he said with a salute. He turned on his heels to address the men. "Unload that gear! Let's move!"

You sighed as he left. If you weren't meeting with diplomats then you would have followed. "Okay, so our outpost on an uninhabited moon was overrun? What could have done that?" You asked skeptically.

"The real question is, 'why would the Republic want an outpost way out here?'" Anakin said. Obi-Wan turned to you both.

"The chairman of Orto-Plutonia requested it," Obi-Wan said in response to your questions. Before either of you had a chance to respond, the chairman himself walked up. He had blue skin, sharp eyes, and his flashy choice of clothes showed he was a war hero.

"General Kenobi," he said, chin pointed up towards the sky. You instantly knew you weren't going to like him.

"Chairman Cho, Senator Chuchi," Obi-Wan said as he stepped in from of you to greet them. Senator Chuchi took you by surprise. She was extraordinary beautiful and had a kind spirit. You could tell she wasn't as stubborn and stuck up as her chairman. Obi-Wan continued, "I suggest you wait here until we can secure the area."

Chairman Cho wasn't having that. "I respect your judgment, General Kenobi, but I will go where I choose," he said firmly. A sarcastic laugh escaped your mouth, and a look from Anakin had you biting your lip to stay quiet. The chairman was oblivious to what happened, and continued his rant, "This is sovereign Pantora territory."

"I thought this planet was uninhabited, and therefore, it's not aligned," Anakin said in a more formal way than you would have.

The angry snowman pointed at the ground forcefully. "Our moon of Pantora is the only civilization in this system," he yelled. "I'm the one who asked the Senate to protect this planet. This wasteland belongs to us."

You almost couldn't contain your laughter as you shared a look with Anakin. This war hero was as arrogant as they come. Thankfully, the only real adult there addressed the issue.

"With all due respect, Chairman,
this is for the Senate to decide, not us," Obi-Wan said. You could tell he was starting to become annoyed with Cho. Looking over your shoulder, you saw Rex giving orders to a few men. After they ran off, he waved for you to come over. You took that as an opportunity to escape the situation, and politely excused yourself.

"Thanks for getting me out of that," you said to him. Crossing your arms, you took in the magnificent sight of him. Rex managed to wear any armor and look great while doing it.

"Of course, General," he said. Rex looked behind you so he could see the group. "I know how much you hate dealing with senators."

You shrugged. "Padmé isn't bad. We're actually close friends," you said with a wink. Even though his face was covered by the new helmet, you knew he was smiling.