Chapter 4: Clone Wars Movie p2

Finding the Hutt

The main hanger was loud and crowded. Anakin was talking with the scouts who had just returned, and you knew it was about Jabba's son. To anyone who was not Force sensitive, Anakin seemed polite and calm. Completely professional. But, to you, it was painfully obvious that he despised this mission already. So, you decided to avoid that whirlpool of anger currently known as Anakin Skywalker.

You stood relatively close to Rex as the darling Padawan vividly showcased her successful mission for the group of troopers. Looking around, all of the clones were smiling and laughing. Ahsoka was definitely going to fit in perfectly. She was helping these poor men recuperate emotionally from the previous battle. Ahsoka had such a kind heart. She would become the perfect Jedi. In that moment, you knew you would die to protect that sweet, innocent spirit. This galaxy torn apart by war needed more people like her to mend it.

"That sounds like a lot, even for a Jedi," one of the troopers countered. Another took a step toward Ahsoka.

"I heard you were surrounded by droids. How did you ever get the shield down?" Her eyes widened in excitement.

"Okay, so there's a wall behind him," she started, hands acting every detail out, "with a hole in the middle. So," she crouched, then pulled down an imaginary wall, "I pull the wall down on top of the droids, destroying them and saving the General."

You cracked a grin. "She's such a cutie," you said to Rex. He agreed with you.

As Anakin came over, Rex asked him, "Is that true, sir?"

Anakin appeared to be very annoyed, and not with the mission this time. "Well, most of it," he said shortly. You tapped Rex's armor. He turned and gave you his undivided attention.

"Anakin's just embarrassed. All the details are true, on my honor as a Jedi Knight," you joked.

Rex was about to respond when Anakin said, "All right, men, we still got a job to do."

Rex stood at attention, then addressed the troops. "Yes, sir. You heard the General, move it!"

"All right, back to business," Ahsoka said cheerfully. Anakin wasn't having it.

"Would this be a good time to teach you that a Jedi is humble, my young Padawan?" He questioned.

The little one shrugged, and grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, just trying to keep the boys inspired, is all."

"Don't worry about it, Snips," you said. "I think you did the right thing."

"Thank you, master," she responded. Anakin turned around and glared.

"Hey! Stop trying to steal my Padawan," he said sternly. However, you knew he was joking, and his stern expression melted away to reveal a mischievous smile. So, you, Anakin, and Ahsoka prepped for a journey to Teth. You hadn't been to the planet before. It was a very purplish place; almost everything seemed to be some variation of pink and red, and it was very foggy, perfect for sneaking but not for battle. You were in a carrier as it flew towards the monastery. Obi-Wan told your group the plan through a hologram.

"All right, Anakin and (N), here's the story. Jabba has given us only one planetary rotation to get his son back home to Tatooine safe and sound," Obi-Wan said.

"Won't take us that long," you and Anakin said simultaneously. Ahsoka giggled, and even Obi-Wan cracked a grin. He quickly cleared his throat.

"Well, take extreme care. We have no idea who's holding Jabba's son. When I've finished negotiations with him, I will join you," Obi-Wan finished. The hologram turned off, and the carrier fell silent.