Chapter 7: Defenders of peace

Sorry I took so long! Writer's block. Also, one of my personal ships is in this chapter, and it's definitely not cannon, I just love the pairing, even more than Kit x Aayla which actually happened in the comics and is also absolutely adorable. But I like Bly x Aayla more. I've read so many fanfics of these 2! Sorry if you don't!

Droids

You and Anakin had rescued General Aayla Secura from certain defeat, but were injured in the process. From what you had gathered, the ship had accidentally gone into Hyperspace. So, now you were stranded on a planet called Maridun. To make things worse, there was absolutely no way to contact the Republic. At least you and Anakin were able to receive medical aid from the Lurmen... Or, really just from Wag Too. His father didn't like your group much. As for the others, they were stuck in awe. But even on this tiny planet, the war threatened to follow us Jedi. Just like Tee Watt Kaa warned, it seemed the war was about to change the Lurmen way of life.

"Commander Bly, we've got company."

Those few words made a frightening sentence for the colony. Their entire species could be eliminated if the Separatists found one of you. Not to mention, it wouldn't exactly spell anything good for you and your group.

"Hey, Bly. What's up," you said to the commander as he walked into the home where you and Anakin were resting. He was obviously nervous as he took of his helmet and locked eyes with Aayla. You saw her purse her bright lips, a worried frown setting upon her gorgeous features. At the time, you didn't know the Separatists were about to land.

"General?" He said to Anakin. He sat up while you and Ahsoka turned your attention to the clone. Aayla was already watching him intently.

"Yes, commander?" Anakin said. He was still in pretty bad shape, but so were you.

"We've got a Separatist ship
incoming," Bly said quickly.

"Fuck," you swore angrily. Aayla looked at you like you had just threatened to assassinate the chancellor. Her shock through the Force made you laugh bitterly. It wasn't a big surprise your were falling away from the codes Jedi knights followed, especially since you just kept finding flaws in the Order. Shaking your head, you said, "Now the Lurmen people are at risk."

Anakin grimly nodded. "Indeed."

Wag Too walked in front of you. "But this is neutral space," he exclaimed, large eyes full of fear and anxiety.

"It won't be neutral for long," you said. "The Separatists will do anything and conquer anyone to accomplish their tyrannical agendas."

Wag Too's tail bristled, and you almost regreted your words. Aayla was watching you closely, her eyes burning your back. You turned and met her gaze. Her beautiful, blue face contorted with curiosity. Anakin struggled to get up, breaking both your eyes apart.

"Help me up," he said. Wag Too started pushing him back down. It really didn't do much since Anakin collapsed on his own.

"Don't struggle," the Lurmen commanded. I'm sorry, but you're still too injured to move."

On shaky legs, you stood up and said, "Wag Too, I don't think you understand how dangerous it is for us to stay here now."

Just when you didn't think things could get worse, in walked a furious little furball. "What menace have you brought to our village now, Jedi?" he questioned.

You smiled wryly at him, and you didn't even attempt to hide your distaste. "Nice to see you too, Tee Watt Kaa."

He glared up at you. Oh, the thousands of snippy comments you wanted to make. However, you respected his son, so you held your tongue and sat down.