Chapter 11: Coruscant

Shore Leave

"Cyar'ika, are you sure we should be doing this," Rex asked in a hushed tone as you held his hand firmly, other hand carrying multiple bags of high quality clothing and other miscellaneous goods.

"Yes, I'm sure," you said, laughing like nothing bad had ever happened in your life. Rex stared at you, wide brown eyes lit up by the speeders that raced by. He looked at you like you were the most incredible thing in the galaxy, and that alone made breaking the Jedi Code worth it. If it wasn't for you, Rex might not have gotten the opportunity to go out on a date. He had such a pure and loving soul. Rex deserved anything his heart desired. "What's the point of being rich if I can't buy you nice things?"

You paused your long strides and grinned at him. Blushing, he averted his gaze, a small smile lighting up his lips. "Do you really think I look good in this ridiculous outfit?"

Pulling him out of the flow of pedestrians, you pretended to analyze him thoughtfully. Rex looked rather dashing in a grey button up and dark leather jacket. You traced the horizontal scar on his chin and tapped his lips.

"Rex, if we were alone those clothes would already be on the floor," you joked, then returned to holding his hand.

"I guess I can't complain," Rex said with a wink. You rolled your eyes.

"Come on, ner Alor'ad, we're going to miss our reservation," you said, tugging him along. His had fit perfectly with yours, fingers intertwined, and a constant, loving pressure. Rex lifted your hand to his lips and kissed it. His soft lips felt warm against your cool skin. Through hooded eyes, he glanced sideways at you and smirked.

"What's wrong, Cyar'ika? Hungry for something else?" You blinked, face crimson, lips opend in shock.

"Dang it, Rex!" You hit him with one of the bags, and he had to jump away to dodge it, however, he didn't let go of your hand, so, you were pulled right against his chest. His dark brows rose as he smiled smugly down at you.

"Told you I'd get you back."

Your eyes narrowed as you tried to stay stern, but a stupid smile broke free as you pressed against his strong chest. You sighed happily, enjoying the sound of Rex's heart beat. "I never thought I'd fall in love. I'm so thankful for you..."

Rex let go of your hand and embraced you tightly. "As am I, (N)," he whispered in your ear. You were in pure bliss, his euphoria dulling your senses, the sent of carbon and lighting invading your every breath, until you remembered you had reservations!

"Oh no, Rex, we've got to go, we're gonna miss our reservations," you said, pulling away and grabbing his hand. He shrugged.

"I'd rather just go back to your place," he said. You blinked twice, a dark flush dusting your cheeks. After curiously watching your reaction, he gasped, becoming rather flustered himself. "I didn't mean anything by that, I swear!"

You nodded. "Uh, yeah! Right... So, um," your voice was high as you blushed at the ground. "Let's hurry!"

The streets of Coruscant were packed to the max as you lead Rex through the bustling Entertainment District. After the awkwardness subsided, the two of you began sharing stories and talked about random stuff. Colorful lights spilled from bars, casinos, and strip clubs. You watched as Rex turned bright red and averted his eyes from the last one as a beautiful, purple skinned Twi'lek called to him from the entrance.

Laughing at your captain's adorable reaction, you said, "What's wrong, Rex? Imagining me on one of those poles?"

With a cocky wink over your shoulder, you saw his cheeks turn even a deeper crimson.