Chapter 15: Joyful Reunions

If you love the clone babies, then read the Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss. It's so good! <3 She also wrote two Clone Wars books (With Captain Rex in them!!), and I love them so much. If you like my story, I bet you'll love her works. Sorry for not updating last week, so I made this update twice hope enjoy this chapter!

Boring Days

From Youngling duty, capturing smugglers, and protecting Padmé, you were kept busy on Coruscant, worrying and waiting. You met with your father, Caspian, several times over the long, dreary weeks. Those fun filled moments were always full of laughes and smiles. You currently sat with Padmé in her extravagant home, staring out at the speeder filled sky. Sighing, you felt across the galaxy for Rex, and grinned pleasantly as you locked on to him with the Force. He was talking with someone... Calm, collected, and slightly irritated. Your heart ached, wanting nothing more than his touch. This separation made you wonder how Anakin stayed sane, especially since separation from his wife was his daily reality. Padmé groaned loudly, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"What's up?" you asked. The beautiful senator threw her papers on the coffee table, utterly exasperated.

"Anakin," she said flatly. You stared at her quizzically.

"Why?" you said, struggling to contain your laughter. Poor Ani wasn't even here and he was pissing her off. Padmé let out a frustrated cry.

"He keeps checking on me with the Force, and it's making me paranoid," she said, flopping ungracefully beside you.

Frowning at her, you asked, "You can feel when he's checking on you?"

"Yes," she said dryly, "It's hard to explain, but it's like he's behind me, or near by... Watching."

"Oh."

Padmé smiled knowingly from your tone, and said, "Do you often reach out to Rex?"

Blushing, you nodded. "Yeah, but each time, I feel him progressively getting more and more annoyed."

Padmé smiled wryly. "I guess you know why now."

"Is it really that bad?"

She shook her head. "No. It's just aggravating because I feel him so near, but know he's so far," Padmé said. Her voice dropped to a mere whisper. "It makes me miss him more than ever."

"Oh," you repeated dumbly, instantly regretting how often you checked up on Rex. She smiled sadly at you, then shook her head.

"Ryloth was freed, so, when will Master Windu send you back to the front lines?" Padmé asked.

"Don't remind me," you said with an irritated sigh. "Anakin and Ahsoka are off on another mission, this time in Felucia."

"And yet, you're still stuck here," she said. You shrugged.

"Master Windu's just worried," you said. "You know who Depa Billaba is, right?"

"She's on the Jedi Council, right?" Padmé asked. You nodded.

"She was like my sister, and Master openly admitted to loving us like his children, " you glared at the floor. "Depa's off floating in a bacta tank somewhere on Coruscant."

Padmé gasped. "What?"

"She went nearly insane after losing a major portion of her troops to General Grevious," you said.

"And that's who Ani's searching for," Padmé muttered.

"Exactly," you said, "Depa and I both love our troops, and the last thing Mace wants is another one of his children stuck in a coma."