Chapter 3: Clone Wars Movie p1

So sorry for the wait! I have exams next week and just had my sister's baby shower. I won't take this long to update again. Quick note, just in case anyone is interested, I'm writing this book in chronological order, not the order the episodes were aired. It's because the Clone Wars tv show goes by an ark at a time. I have a list with all the episodes in chronological order, and will follow that. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy <3

Chapter 3

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Someone yelled. It only sounded like white noise to your ears. The ground shook beneath your feet. Over the roar of panic and troopers scrambling to their positions, you honestly couldn't tell who had yelled. Smoke plumes appeared within the blue sky. With swift feet, you ran up to Anakin, who looked between you and Obi-Wan.

"They're back," Anakin said in reference to the oncoming droid army.

"Oh really? I didn't notice," you replied dryly. The whole planet seemed to shudder violently once again. The Separatists had some powerful weaponry.

"I told you this victory was too easy," Obi-Wan started over the noise. "We never should have sent the ship back for supplies."

"It wasn't my idea to send the ship back," Anakin countered. They were fighting again!

"Both of you, shut up," you yelled. Like a calm before the storm, there was that beautiful feeling wrapping its way around your heart. You felt Rex behind you without having to look. You turned your attention to Cody and Rex. "All right, men. Second wave incoming."

"Rex, you and your men follow me and (N)," Anakin said as Obi-Wan commanded,"Cody, battle positions!"

You followed Skywalker as he made his way up a nearby building. The droid army advanced, and the familiar sound of blaster fire filled the air. Both your lightsabers were in your hands. You and Anakin exchanged smug expressions, both of you ready to win this battle.

"What's our plan of attack, sir?" You almost laughed at Rex's question. Knowing Anakin, their was either a ridiculous plan or none at all. Not that you had a plan...

"Follow me," Anakin responded with a smirk, proving your thoughts correct. He jumped from the overhang, and directly on to an Octuptarra combat tri-droid, or, in simple terms, a gigantic death ball with three legs. You followed like he ordered, and did the exact same same thing.

Anakin showed off, deflecting a plethora of blaster bolts with a smug expression while he was still on the droid. You simply slashed through the Octuptarra droid that you landed on. No need to get so fancy. Although, you did look pretty bad-ass as you slid down the crumbling giant. It landed with a loud bang, crushing several common droids in the process. With a Force jump, you landed lightly on the cracked pavement and instantly continued melting droids. The clone troopers advanced. Your lightsabers sang as they cut through multiple droids at a time. Blaster fire mixed with metallic marching created a defending sound.

Eventually, your arms began to feel strained, legs tired, and chest tight. You weren't exactly exhausted, but you were tiring fast. The droids just kept coming. Each blast you deflected dropped another droid, but ten took its place. Sweat dripped down your forehead as you continued to fight. Troopers started falling around you, and the horrifying reality of it all struck you. No matter the moral or willpower or hope or valor an army had, there was no match for sheer numbers, and the Separatists had you vastly outnumbered.

"We're gonna need reinforcements." You needed reinforcements. There was no winning this war without them.

"We haven't been able to get through to the Admiral."

It was the heavy canons that saved the day. They blasted the droid army, causing them to retreat. You took a deep breath of relief. Looked like you were going to live to fight another day. And to make everything better, a ship flew overhead. You looked around and saw both Rex and Cody. They were alive and well. Your clone captain looked over and saw you, so you waved at him. Rex waved back.