Chapter 18: The Zillo Beast

Hey everyone <3

I'M BACK! Weekly updates are here again! Thank you for being patient with me.

Would you be interested in me making a head-canon + one-shots book for clone troopers? :)

Also, I made book I never published which was basically the reader taking Wolffe, Gregor, Echo, Fives, and Rex to a bunch of different amusement parks and such... Would you be interested in reading that? Tell me what you think :D
Likes and comments are always appreciated <3

Chapter 18: Dealing with Mace

Once again, the Clone Wars pulled you and Rex apart. Remember that alien blood you found? Yeah, that belonged to Cad Bane. The famous bounty hunter escaped with a list of Force sensitive children.

When you got back to Coruscant, you didn't even get a chance to go home or see Rex. You were rushed off to the temple, then promptly sent to go help protect the future generation of Jedi. Mace insisted that you teamed up with him and Obi-Wan. You begrudgingly agreed because you didn't exactly have a choice. After dodging lasers and almost destroying Bane's mind, the stolen babies and Holocron were returned to their respective homes. Even so, you were stuck with your former master. It felt like he was trying his hardest to keep you away from Anakin.

Stranded on his cruiser, Endurance, you were afraid of calling Rex just in case Mace figured out your attachment wasn't to Anakin. It had only been two weeks, but the separation was driving you insane. Thankfully, you made fast friends with the clone commander Ponds. He was a kind man. It was Ponds who told you that Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka had crash landed on some random planet and lost contact with the Republic. So, you were now at the bridge of the ship, glaring up at Mace Windu.

"Master," the old title slipped out again, "Anakin needs me."

"He has Obi-Wan," your master said patiently. You sighed and shook your head.

"I know, but Mace," you started, "Please, I'm useless on your cruiser."

The Jedi sighed. "Rest assured. They will be fine."

"What happens if they don't come back? Do I lead the 501st by myself?" you asked in a quiet voice. "Because, Master, I don't think I can do it."

Mace Windu's hard set features softened as he said, "That's what you're worried about?" You frowned and nodded. Well, it wasn't exactly a lie, it just wasn't the full truth.

"I know I was upset when I was first assigned to help lead them, but I'm great full now," you said honestly. Of course, the main reason why you loved working with Anakin was because of Rex, but you had also developed a soft spot for him, Ahsoka, and the crew. Even Admiral Yularen wasn't that bad. You sighed and continued, "We're a powerful force. I don't like being apart from them."

Before Mace could answer, his comm beeped. He took a few steps away as he talked on the comlink

"I understand," Mace said and smiled, he actually smiled, which was very rare to see. He straightened up, and chuckled. "You don't have to worry bout them. They just checked in after being dropped off by bounty hunters."

You raised a brow and said, "They were dropped off by bounty hunters?"

"I told you they would take care of themselves," Mace said. You laughed and shook your head.

"They're insane," you said.

"And you aren't?" Mace said with an arched brow, his arms crossed and lips drawn in to a small smile. You shrugged and laughed sheepishly.