Chapter 10: Blue Shadow Virus

On the Resolute

"I think Rex should know that I know," Anakin said, hand over his heart in mock hurt. You rolled your eyes and punched his shoulder. He jumped away and you glared.

"No. He'd die of embarrassment and probably never look you in the eye again," you said for, like, the seventh time. Your threw your hands into the air. "I swear, it's impossible to reason with you, Ani."

"You're just scared of how he'll react when he finds out you told me," Anakin said, bumping into you as you walked into the mess. Your glare deepened.

"Just say you caught us kissing or something," you whispered. Anakin groaned.

"But you two never take chances," Anakin whined a bit to loudly for your tastes. The constant chatter around the room was thankfully louder. You picked up some food for Rex, the went directly to the caf machine and poured yourself a mug.

With a smirk, you said, "As far as you know."

The doors into the mess opened, and you felt Rex beam the second he saw your back. You didn't even need to look over your shoulder. Anakin had a cocky grin on his face. "He's got it bad for you."

"No way? You think?" you said with a sarcastic gasp. Ahsoka dragged Rex over to you both.

"Masters! Good morning," she exclaimed with her usual cheer. You smiled at her.

"Morning, Snips," you and Anakin said at the same time. Ahsoka laughed.

"Come on, Snips. Your real master will go get breakfast with you," Anakin said and took her away. He was a good friend.

"Morning, Captain," you said, smirk still on your lips as you lifted the white mug to your mouth. Rex nodded at you.

"As to you, General," be said calmly, even though his eyes watched your lips. You handed him a plate of food, but that wasn't what he was hungry for.

"Aw, that's so weak compared to earlier," you hummed as you walked to the back table where your group usually ate. Rex had been a bit more adventurous an hour prior to you talking with Anakin. You still hadn't gone beyond making out, and, with so many supply closets on the Resolute, Rex seemed to try and press you against the wall of each one. You felt him grow frustrated as you continued to flirt with him.

"Cyar'ika," he mumbled, almost pouting. You fluttered your eyelashes as you sat down and leaned against the wall. He put down his and sat across from you.

"Yes?" Another casual sip of your warm drink. Rex gulped and bit his lip as his golden eyes looked you over. Rex wanted nothing more than being alone with you at the moment. You could feel his desire, and you were toying with him.

"I'll get you back for this," he said lowly despite the smile that graced his features. You winked at him and crossed your legs.

"Can't wait."

He chuckled. "What would I do without you?"

You shrugged. "Um, I guess you'd have to grab your own food?" Yawning, you waved the energetic Togruta over. Before she could sit down next to Rex, Anakin sat down.

"Master," she whined.

"What's wrong, Snips?" He asked as if he hadn't known it was her turn to sit next to Rex. She turned to you and smiled.

"Looks like I'm sitting with my favorite teacher," Ahsoka basically sang. Anakin got up so fast you barely registered his movements until he was next you. You watched as Ahsoka finished her breakfast first. The second she left, Anakin seized the opportunity to do the exact opposite of what you had discussed. He got up and sat next to Rex.