Chapter 19: Dark Side of Love

Due to overwhelming support, I bring you the next chapter of Flawed Codes! Thank you to everyone who inspired me to continue writing this fanfic, and for all your kind words. I can finally walk again without pain. My condition is improving, and I might even be able to go back to fighting. Anyway, LOVE YOU ALL <3

***EDIT***
I accidentally published this chapter early, I'm going to go through and fix it, if you see mistakes, that's why. Sorry :'D

The Zillo Beast

The battle on Malastare was only won by a gigantic bomb, a calculated risk. It was a costly victory, and you lost many soldiers that day. However, as you gazed up in horror as the gigantic Zillo beast crashing through Coruscant, you realized just how easily that battle could have been your last. Nothing in the galaxy was truly safe anymore. Snapping back to reality, you quickly rushed forward and pulled out your comlink.

The aftermath of the battle with the Zillo Beast was... Intense. Jedi and clone clean up crews went to work fixing broken buildings and rescuing the citizens trapped beneath the rubble and debris. But, for every person you rescued, you found at least three dead. By the end of the night, your hair and robes looked white with dust. You numbly walked with Rex home. Both of you felt broken.

"Why didn't anyone listen to Master Windu?" you thought aloud as Rex unlocked the front door and wearily went in.

"I don't know, (N)," Rex said, tired to the bone. You locked the door behind you and started to cry, your tears leaving streaks down your dirty face. Your forehead was pressed against the cool, metal door, hand still on the lock. The dull thumping sound of Rex's armor hitting the floor was barely audible.

"Countless lives could have been saved," you whimpered, and turned to Rex. His shoulders sagged when he made eye contact with you, his heart aching.

"I know, Cyar'ika," he said.

"People died because the Jedi kept that beast alive, because I kept it alive," you choked out, sinking to your knees. Running your hands through your hair, you laughed hysterically. "What's the point of being a Jedi anymore? All we do is cause death and destruction!"

Rex knelt beside you and hugged you close as you sobbed, both of your hearts aching with sorrow and pain.

"It's the Senate, not the Jedi," Rex said quietly. He knew better than saying it would all be okay. "This war is changing everyone."

"I wish this war never happened!" you yelled, then curled up against his chest and listened to his pounding heart. Rex lovingly rubbed your back. You quietly whispered, "That's a lie..."

"What do you mean?" Rex asked, frowning as he rubbed your cheek now.

Letting out a guilty sigh, you said, "If the war never happened, we never would have met. A-and I can't even imagine life without you now."

Now you understood the dark side of love the council warned about. You'd fight a thousand wars to keep Rex in your life. The Jedi always taught you to value all life, but it was that belief that lead to the carnage today. You started to feel conflicted. Maybe the Jedi weren't as great as they claimed, especially if they let creatures like the Zillo beast on Coruscant. Maybe Dooku wasn't as radical as the Council lead you to believe. The Jedi had an army of living, breathing clones they sacrificed daily, and he had an army of droids.

"Cyar'ika?" Rex whispered quietly, snapping you out of your dark thoughts.

"What?" you said in a broken voice full of pain.

"You're not on the wrong side," he said softly. You slowly looked up into his eyes, and he lovingly cupped your cheeks. "You fight to protect every thing good in the galaxy. The Seppies want to destroy it."

You closed your eyes and let out a heavy sigh as Rex stroked your hair. "I know... I'm just having such a hard time with the Jedi code."

"A huge mistake was made in bringing the Zillo beast here," he said. "People died, but you did your best to stop it. At least you know the difference between right and wrong."

"I don't feel like I do anymore," you admitted. Rex looked at you with warm, brown eyes full of understanding.

"(N), one mistake doesn't negate all the good you've done," he said softly and kissed your forehead. You gave him a tiny smile.

"You're right," you said.

"We saved lives today," he said.

"But we endangered them first..."

"Cyar'ika..."

"Okay, okay," you said and chuckled softly. He smiled at you and pressed a gentle kiss on your lips. Closing your eyes, you felt yourself melt against him.

He slowly pushed you down to the floor, licking your lips as he searched for an entrance. Heart racing, you opened up to him, letting your mind going blank as you just basked in his love and affection. Your hands rubbed his chest as he straddled you. Gripping his blacks, you clung to him like he was the last breath you'd ever breath.

Rex felt his heart racing at he kissed you breathless. This was what he lived for, the moments after a difficult day where he could... just love you. Your kisses were like a drug to him as he constantly craved the taste of your lips. You let out a small moan, and he felt an adrenaline rush, smirking against your lips. Rex carefully picked you up.

"Rex?" you gasped, letting out a shaky breath as you looked at him with needy eyes. His love always seemed to take away the horrible aching jn your heart, even if only for a moment. And you needed that right now. He chuckled and gave you a quick peck.

"We're both covered in dust and sweat... We should probably shower," he hummed. You arched a brow and frowned.

"But I only have one shower-" you turned bright red. "Oh, right. I need to get clean right now~"

Rex rolled his eyes and chuckled, carrying you to the bathroom.

After a pleasure filled night, the two of you cuddled sleepily in bed, caught in the magical after glow. You laid your head on his smooth chest, gazing up at Rex with adoring eyes.

"You were right," you said softly. He blushed, his cheeks flushed.

"About how we-"

You turned bright red and burst into laughter. "No, Rex. I mean, yeah that was pretty awesome. But that's not what I was going to say."

His cheeks turned and even darker crimson. "S-sorry, continue," he stammered.

You poked his cheek and smiled. "We're fighting for the right side," you said.

He chuckled and stroked your damp hair. "Took you long enough, Cyar'ika," he teased.

"I wonder if our clothes are clean yet," you said and yawned, snuggling against his bare skin.

"Go to bed," he said softly and pulled the soft blankets up. "We can worry about that tomorrow."

"I'll help you get the dust off your armor too," you said softly, starting to drift to sleep.

"Tomorrow," he repeated, planting a soft kiss on your forehead. You gave him a small, sleepy smile and used his chest as a pillow.

Yes, love could lead to the dark side, but with someone as wonderful as Rex by your side, you could only see a beautiful and bright future.