Chapter 8: Resolute Fun

I've had a wonderful day, so, I decided to top it off with some happy romance garbage. It's only 1,500 words, but I think you'll like it! Besides, who doesn't enjoy Captain Rex fluff?

On the Resolute

"Rex, ner Alor'ad, you're lecturing me again," you said in amusmet from your bed. Stripped down to his blacks, Rex leaned against the locked door, his arms crossed. He rolled his beautiful eyes.

"You're too reckless," he said firmly, refusing to meet your gaze. "Can't you just try to be careful?"

You stretched out on the mattress. "Come join me," you said with a smile. Rex gave you a disapproving look.

"You aren't even listening."

Sitting up, you hugged one of your plush pillows. "I am too! It's just, I'm not going to do it," you said with a simple shrug and a childish smile. Rex huffed, aggravated in a way only you could cause.

"You've been injured more times than General Skywalker. That's saying something," Rex said, his lips curled into an adorable pout.

"Your concern is heart warming, Captain. But, if it comes down to it, I'm going to be reckless. It's what I do," you said.

"I, for one, don't approve. Not one bit." Rex's eyes held so many emotions, his impression in the Force almost burning. He wasn't angry, just so... Worried. A light laugh escaped your lips. Rex was the master of puppy dog eyes.

"If I say that I'll be less reckless, will you stop the look?" He was just so irresistibley attractive, and that puppy dog pout would make you do anything. Rex raised a brow.

"What look?" he asked, genuinely baffled. Oh good, he didn't know he had that much power over you yet.

Throwing the pillow at his face, you said, "Forget it. Now, get your butt over here, Rex!"

It bounced off his well toned chest, and fell to the ground at his feet. Chuckling, he put his hands up. "Yes sir," he said. Rex picked up the pillow, and right when he got to the base of the bed, he swung it down on you. With a cry, you rolled out of striking range and grabbed another pillow.

"It's not a lightsaber, but it'll do," you said with a wink, and launched at Rex. You Force jumped over him and hit him from behind. Rex turned around with devilish grin.

"Cyar'ika, that's no fair."

"Aren't you the one who said, 'All's fair in love and war'?" You said with a cocky smirk. In that brief moment of arrogance, Rex managed to sweep you off your feet with one swing of his pillow. You fell to the floor. Quick as lighting, he had you mounted, hands pinned above your head. All of those hand to hand combat classes in Kamino gave him an advantage. Now he smirked.

"If all's fair, then I can do this," Rex said as his free hand tickled your side. You erupted with laughter.

"S-stop," you shrieked in between giggles. Twisting and turning, you could not get free from Rex's grip. He was laughing too, tickling you gave him pure joy. Finally, he doubled over, hand pressed to his abdomen, as he basically left you gasping for air. He kept your hands captured.

"Gar gotal'ur ni te briikase adat o'r te oyu'baat," he breathed into the crook of your neck. You felt your cheeks burn. He sat up, a wicked grin curling his lips. "You gonna ask what it means?"

Rolling your eyes, you said, "Nope, 'cause you probably wouldn't tell me anyway."

He laughed, and you could feel the rumble from his chest. "You make me the happiest person in the universe," Rex said. Your eyes went wide.